Chapter 19 (Bakugou)

"Until the number one hero comes to collect his precious cargo."

Those words ring in Bakugou's ears as Dabi escorts him back. Weaving through alleyways, heads down, quiet. They take the same path back to the hideout without drawing any attention in the night.

So that is why he's here. Why they want him.

He's not just here to be convinced to join the League of Villains. He's here to draw out All Might. Bakugou's head spins with realization, his heart beating wildly. The image of what All Might showed him that day. The massive wound in his side that took so much from him.

All the knowledge All Might shared with him when he chose Bakugou as his successor.

He can't hold his form for long. He's wasn't born with a quirk. He was given one. One For All.

All For One. The obsession. The history.

If Deku is one of them, did All For One share All Might's secret? Is that why he's here? So All For One can finish what he started? Take back One For All?

Shit.

He has to get out. He has to free himself. He can't sit and wait for All Might to rescue him. He can't sit here and bide his time convincing Deku to come back with him. He's got to get out. Now.

Izuku. . . I'll come back for you. I promise.

Bakugou balls his fist as Dabi shoves him back through the corridor of the hideout. Once back in lounge room, Toga perks up from the couch she had been stretched out on.

"How'd it go?"

"How do you think?" Dabi replies grimly, sinking into a chair. Neither of them bother to cuff him or throw him down in the cell. "He's pissed and the little hero here still thinks he can change his mind."

Toga leans forward, hands gripping the cushion, saying nothing. She just stares at the floor and chews her lip. After sitting silent for a few moments, she shakes her head with a sigh. "It was worth a shot."

"I don't think you'll be saying that the next time you see him."

Toga shoots a glare in Dabi's direction. "I suppose you just let the kid in the room with him then. Let him be the first person he saw when he woke up. Like hell that would work."

Dabi doesn't reply.

"Damn idiot," Toga breaths.

Bakugou looks around the room, everything falling silent once again. The door was behind him. He could make a run for it right now. Back up the hallway and into the street. He could rain down hell and cause so much ruckus that everyone would know where he was.

Neither Toga nor Dabi seemed to have an eye on him.

But the damn suppressor. He couldn't use his quirk. He has no defense save for the training with All Might. And he doubts that will be enough against the two of them. The moment he makes for the door, they'll attack him.

Bakugou gathered Dabi has some sort of Fire quirk too by the attack to save Deku and capture him in the process. But this Toga, he has no idea what she's got up her sleeve. No. That's not true.

The festival. She turned into Ururaka. But how? Was a copy? How much can she copy? If he makes a break for it and she suddenly turns into him with his own quirk, he's screwed.

Bakugou swallows deeply. He's got to take that chance. He can't just sit here and let All Might save him. Not now that he knows All Mights the true target. If they successfully lure All Might here and All For One tries to finish what he started. . .

Bakugou can't let that happen. He can't let All Might come here. They can't take his quirk.

Bakugou takes a small step back, just enough to make it seem as if he were adjusting his stance, shifting legs.

"Don't even try," Dabi says, shooting a staggering stare at Bakugou.

Bakugou gulps again. "I can't let you hurt him. I won't sit here and let you use me to lure him here."

Bakugou sneers then bolts.

He turns on his heals and makes a break for the door. It's right. . .

Blue flames shoot out, nipping the outreached hand. Bakugou pulls it back with a hiss and turns to Dabi who is now standing, his arm flung out.

"I warned you boy," he says. "You stay right there."

"Not a chance."

"Hey! knock it off," Toga orders, "You're going to burn the whole place down."

"Don't insult me Toga. I'll only--"

The room shakes, Toga falls onto the couch, Dabi sways, and Bakugou stumbles back against the door. There's no time to react as a crash echoes around them. Shouts sound outside and is followed by another crash.

Bakugou reaches behind him for the door when wall opposite to him shatters. Wood splinters everywhere, half of the ceiling caves in, revealing the starry lit sky.

Then his name reverberates in his ears from down below.

Shit. No. Bakugou's eyes widen at All Might's voice. He's too late. They've already come.