Chapter 8- Debbie

I tried to distract my mind from the conversation Debbie wanted to have. So I talked to some of my workers about merging companies with Lou and they all agreed that it wouldn't hurt to try something different. I knew that they would support this. I made sure not to tell any of them that I had already signed the papers. They were all on board of course and consented to a bigger, better club.

I thought about Lou often. I would be in the middle of setting up for the evening rush when last night with Lou would sneak into my mind. I honestly liked it and didn't even try to suppress it. I grinned each time I thought of our time together. I wonder what she was doing right now.

I took a break and checked my phone to see that Lou had not said anything to me after she had taken me back to my club. Should I text her first? Was it too soon? Should I just wait it out?

I decided to text her.

Y/N: Hey, are you free later? I have some questions about your business offer.

We both knew that I didn't have any real questions, I just needed an excuse to talk to her again. To be with her again.

Lou: I'll swing by around 8

I smiled at my phone. I should wear something nice. I was still wearing her clothes though. I didn't want to change out of them. Wait, would Debbie notice that I'm in Lou's clothes? Would she care?

At 5 pm, I walked down the street to a bar that I normally never go in. Debbie wanted to have a drink so this was the middle ground. The sidewalks were cold. I was shivering, but it could also be my nerves messing me up. I walked briskly, I didn't want to be early. I didn't want to be late. I had to get there at just the perfect time to show that I kept my word, but I was not eager to see her. She was just another stop in my day. Although her words shadowed over me each and every minute.

When I got inside, I could see her already sitting down. Although the lights were very dim, Debbie is a noticeable person with noticeable features. Better features than anyone else in the room. Her long hair almost tried to conceal these features.

As I sat down, Debbie forced a smile at me and I forced one back. I was still not quite sure why I was there. I didn't say anything to Debbie. I just let the silence ride out. It was definitely uncomfortable, at least for me, but I wasn't going to be the one to talk.

After an eternal minute, Debbie finally spoke. "I'm sorry to ask to meet at such short notice. It was very informal of me" Why was she acting like we were at a business meeting or something that required only the proper attire and language.

"It's okay, I also don't mind speaking to each other comfortably. This can be casual." I honestly wanted her to just get to the point and stab me right now at the bar or punch me. I don't know. I wanted her to do something that didn't feel constructed and impersonal.

"Yes, it can. I can see why Lou has taken to you so quickly" Was Debbie trying to hint at something?

"All honesty, I don't know what Lou thinks of me. She is a hard person to read." Like you, Debbie. Lou probably learned how to hide emotions and thoughts from the best.

"Well you sure made an impression on me at dinner last night, especially right before you left" Damn. Was she upset that me and Lou were in her room.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that we were in your room. If I would've known.."

"I know. It's okay. I'm not upset at you. Mainly at Lou." Thank God she wasn't mad at me. "I also need you to know that Lou and I are very busy at the moment and Lou does not need a lot of distractions right now"

Well fuck me. Debbie does hate me. She wants me out. To have Lou all to herself?

"I thought you had just finished a big project?" I was confused and mad. I wasn't going to give up Lou. Especially not coming from Debbie.

"We did, but I have somethings that are happening soon and Lou is there every step of the way" She paused. I guess she had caught herself being possessive of Lou. "Anyways, I just need Lou to be focused because if not, we could get in trouble" Who is we? You and Lou? Me and Lou?

This was definitely not how I envisioned this conversation going. I suspected it though, sadly.

Debbie interrupted my thoughts. "Do you understand?" She was condescending. I hated it.

"I understand. But that doesn't mean that this has to be done for a successful plan." I still wanted to work things out only because Lou would want me to do that. And Lou knew Debbie. She was friends with her. For all I knew, they could have been in a relationship together.

"It does though. I have worked it out all in my head. If you want the best for Lou, do the right thing" Okay, I definitely hated her now. And with that, she walked out of the bar. No emotion, nothing at all shown with the way she walked or in her face. She was gone and I was left with only anger and disgust.

~Authors note: things r getting spicy hehe, I hope yall like it