Chapter 8: Transformed

3rd Person's POV

"Mo-mother w-we can explain p-please don't be mad at us." Theo said while trying to ease the atmosphere in the room.

"Explain." Aki coldly said.

"We just want to fasten your awakening so we brothers and sisters left the flow of souls." Sheila said while trying to act cute.

Then Noel and the twins, Dion and Diona, hugged Aki and looked at him with big watery cute eyes.

"Mother, please forgive us!" The three children said at the same time.

Aki patted their heads and said, "Ok,ok, I forgive you all. But you need to go back to the flow of souls tomorrow, ok?"

"Yes! We promise!" The tweleve people said at the same time.

"Let's go and meet the others!" Aki said.

The people inside the room left the room and went to the village.

The whole village hosted a banquet that night. The whole village became lively, they sang, they dance, they play, they told stories and they ate.

Aki felt joy in his heart when he saw his childrens laughing together and having fun.

In the morning all the villagers and Aki, gathered at the front of the orphanage.

"So I guess this is our last goodbye, mother." Leon said.

"Yeah, have a safe trip! I will miss you all my childrens!" Aki said while waving goodbye to the crowd.

"Bye mother!" The crowd said.

Slowly, the crowd became transparent until no one left. Aki looked at the sky. He felt tears running down his face.

He slumped down and cried because he knew that the childrens he raised in the past are now dead.

He looked at the village, last night it was still full of houses and now there's only a dirt pathway and a forest full of burned wood here, cracked bricks there.

The village became a forest with burnt pieces of houses.

Aki looked at the orphanage, the orphanage looked dilapidated and old with burns on it's side, it was full of vines and plants.

Aki swiped his tears away and goes back to his room in the orphanage. The room looked old, the bed he was sleeping in for three days looked new and his laggage are at the side of the of the bed.

Suddenly there's a notification appeared in his front.

-----------------------------------
[Unknown Task]
Meet the souls of Sloth's children
Completed: 100%
Reward:
The user will regain his past memories.
The user will regain his past appearance.
The user will regain his old stats.
The user will regain his old abilities.
Do you want to claim the rewards now?
Yes/No
-----------------------------------

Aki looked at the notification, he sits at the bed and then he clicked 'Yes'. Then another notification appeared.

{The user will regain his rewards in 10 seconds}