Chapter Three

"We are going to a ball?" You ask, examining the invitation.

One week has passed since your parents' brutal death, and since you have been outside.

Luis made sure you stay inside the house, he taught you how to act like a high-class lady within a week to pass your time. 

The only time Luis wasn't in the mansion is when he goes out hunting or attends a business meeting held between high lords like himself.

And when you ask to go out, the light-haired vampire refuses without batting an eyelash, claiming that you are not ready yet for such a thing that confused you.

How are you not ready to go outside, when you have been outside ever since you could walk.

But now, he wants to take you to a ball with him.

"Yes, the ball is held by a dear friend of mine, and I find it a perfect opportunity to introduce you as my daughter" Luis explains, excited about the whole thing unlike you.

You press your lips together, before laying the invitation on the table beside you.

"Even though you are not my father" you realize your mistake shortly as his smile drops.

Luis made it clear how much he hates it when you state that he isn't your father, he even snapped at you once you said it out loud.

"How am I not your father? Do I not provide you with everything your heart desires? Do I not show you affection?" Luis asks calmly, placing his hands on your shoulders.

"You do provide all this for me...what I meant is that you are not my father by blood, but you are my adoptive father who I love dearly" you correct yourself, finding it stupid to continue with your stubbornness. 

Luis chuckles, not buying your lie at all, knowing very well you won't forgive him for what he did to your biological parents.

"You do not need to lie to please me, angel" your vampire father raises your chin by using his index finger, forcing you to look at him in the eyes.

"I soon will be your father by blood, there's no need to rush it, my child" you furrow your eyebrows confusingly at his words.

"What do you mean?" He ignores your question, walking to his white wooden desk, pulling open the drawer to pull out a jewelry box from it.

He walks back to you with a cheery smile on his face, you could even see his sharp fangs peek from under his upper lip as he smiles.

"I want you to wear that at the ball" he opens the box to reveal a beautiful crimson diamond necklace.

"It is so pretty" you exclaim, enchanted by the beautifully shaped butterfly diamond.

"That is my family's heirloom, my mother gave it to me before she passed away" he starts clarifying.

'Or before I killed her' Luis thinks to himself.

"She told me to pass it down to my daughter if I ever have one, and now I believe that this belongs to you" 

You take the box from him slowly, still not removing your eyes away from it.

"There is also another surprise" your eyes meet his red ones once more.

"I have decided to take you out today" your eyes brighten up, feeling alleviated at the thought of walking outside again.

"Thank you very much! I will go get ready now" you do a quick curtsy, before leaving his office.

                                         --------------

You and Luis walk through the village, your left arm is linked with his right arm, not giving you the chance to even consider running away.

The town is unrecognizable to you due to it not being the village you have been raised in throughout your whole village. 

Though it has a more cheerful aura than your village, and you assume that the reason for that is because those who live in this town are high class or middle-class people.

Every couple passes by you two, greets Luis with respect before going on their way.

Little do they know, they are greeting a blood-sucking monster.

"Are you going to stay silent?" You snap out of your thoughts upon hearing Luis's voice.

"I just do not know what we should talk about" you reply shyly.

Seeing all shy and looking innocent, makes Luis feel completed.

That is always how he imagined his perfect child, shy and timid.

It makes it much easier for him to control and manipulate you this way.

"Have you ever wondered how old I am?" the question caught you off guard. 

"Um...you are in your early thirties, right Papa?" 

The word tastes bitter on your tongue, but you are not allowed to call him by his name because that's considered rude, and hates it when you call him 'sir'

Yet absolutely loves it when you call him 'Papa'

"You think I'm in my early thirties, huh?" Luis snorts.

"How old are you then?" You ask.

"Old enough to be your great grandfather" your eyes widens.

"You are very old then" he chuckles at you.

"Indeed, vampires don't grow old, we vampires, are blessed with youth and strength even though we never can walk in the sun nor have children of our own" 

"Is that why you kidnapped me?" Luis frowns at the question, not adoring your accusation.

"I did not kidnap you, I took you away" you huff and roll your eyes at him.

"Did you just roll your eyes at me, Angel?" you sigh.

"Yes, I did" you utter out.

"I knew I should not have taken you out today, now let us return to our carriage, we are leaving this instant" Luis orders strictly, unlinking your arms, he grasps your wrist harshly to drag you away with him.

You were about to scream for help, but he stops you.

"Do not even think about it, or you will get punished severely, do you hear me, (Y/n)"

And that threat made you keep your mouth shut the whole way back home.

If you could call that cage a home.

There a thought plunging into your mind right now.

You are planning to escape from him, and what is better than to do it at a crowded fancy ball.