Chapter Eleven

It has been a few days since the last time Luis has spent a good quality of time with you.

You two only see each other during dinner, and before you go to sleep, he loves to tuck you in to make sure that you are safe.

You know that he is busy the past few days, with what? You don't exactly know, maybe he is busy with his work.

However, as much as this should make you feel relieved to know you don't have to spend much time with the man who killed your perants, it also made you lonely.

The servants ignore making eye content with you, which makes it possible to make an actual conversation with them, and you don't want to play with your expensive toys.

You prefer reading, however, you have read all the books in this household.

'I should ask Papa to buy me more books'

That made you hesitate to approach him, also remembering that your fifteenth birthday is in a few days, meaning you are going to get turned soon.

Maybe if you can convince them to wait until you are older to turn you then maybe you could find a way to escape from here.

"I'm sure if I act all innocent and obedient, he will accept my request" you mumble to yourself as you exit your room.

This is your chance, and you are not going to throw it to waste because you are afraid.

--------

Luis looks up from his papers, to stare at you as you stand in front of his desk.

The light-haired vampire grins, happy to see you in his study room.

"Is there something wrong to grace me with your appearance, angel?" you shook your head at him.

"Nothing is wrong, however, I wish to speak with you about something important" you start, giving him a fake smile.

"What is it which you wish to discuss with me?" he leans back into his seat, focusing his sharp gaze on you, causing you to get more nervous than you are already are.

"Can you please reconsider not turning me into a vampire on my fifteenth birthday, Papa?" you plead, giving him your puppy dog eyes.

"No" he replies bluntly, not even considering to think about it.

"Why do you want to turn me into a vampire so soon?" You question, trying to sound as polite as possible.

"Because I don't like human, I detest them, you are better off as a vampire" you clutch your fists.

"I do not want to become a vampire" you utter out.

"You think you have a choice? What I say is what is going to happen, (Y/n)" you bite your bottom lip, then curtsy.

"I will return to my room" you mumble, starting to take steps towards the exit.

"Wait" you stop in your tracks and turn around to face him once again.

"Yes?"

"Do you not wish to know why I have been busy for the past days, angel?" Luis's sugar-coated question made you want to let out a loud annoyed sigh.

Nevertheless, you hold yourself back from doing something offensive.

"Of course, Papa"

"I'm preparing for us to move to a new place" you frown.

"What? Why?"

'Because vampire hunters are chasing after us because I took you away' 

That would have been a good answer if you weren't so insistent on running away from him.

"Because I feel it would be better to live next to other vampires instead of humans" 

Honestly, that news doesn't sound great for you, as you still have hope that Cecil might visit you again.

If you move away, how is the warlock going to find you?

Yet, you cannot voice your point of view or your adoptive father might get suspicious.

"As you wish, Papa"  Luis pats his lap, signing for you to come and sit on it, which you do.

Once you reach him, he pulls on his lap, placing your head on his chest.

"I'm doing my best to keep you safe even if you see it differently, angel"

---------

"What were you doing at lord Dawnson's mansion, Cecil?" the red-haired warlock glares at his son who smiles at him.

"Nothing, I was just curious about the human girl he adopted, father" the golden-haired boy answers.

"Well, you should have asked for my permission first instead of intruding on them, Cecil" Lancet spats.

"I should have also told you that I have discovered something shocking about his daughter" he scoffs at his son.

"What is it? Speak up, I don't have time for this, boy" Cecil's grin widens.

"That girl is not fully a human, it seems like she has the blood of a vampire in her veins" Lancet's eyes widen in shock.

"That is impossible! Vampires cannot have children unless...." Lancet stops upon realizing something.

The only person who can ever have children is the first vampire king.

"She is Dracula's decadent" Cecil nods his head.