Chapter Sixteen

"Who are you?"

Luis demands angrily, pushing you behind him as he glares at the beautiful woman who only smiles at him.

"Haven't I already introduced myself, I'm her-"

"No, you are not her mother, I'm the only parental figure she has, I'm her father!"

You stare at Luis in confusion, realizing how delusional he has become.

"Keep your voice down, it's annoying to hear a grown vampire act like a possessive freak"

Luis grabs your shoulder, making sure his long nails don't hurt you.

"I will kill you, if you try to speak to her again, whore" he states coldly.

"I'm Adelaide, and I'm the daughter of Vlad Dracula"

She introduces herself, before placing a hand on his arm.

"If you need any help in raising (Y/n), I'm always available"

After that being said, Adalaide takes her leave, after taking one last glance at you.

You turn around to face Luis, looking confused by the whole situation.

"I don't understand what just happened..."

"Good, you don't need to understand anything"

▫️▪️▫️

You could feel how tense Luis has become ever since he spoke to Adalaide which was two days ago.

While all you think about is her words.

If she is your biological mother? Then who were you living with before you got kidnapped by Luis?

Were you lied to your whole?

Also, she said that she is the daughter of Dracula, that means that you are not fully human.

As you ponder these questions, while in your bed, you hear a noise coming from the living room.

Curious, you peek out of your bedroom door and see Luis sitting on the couch, staring at an old painting.

As you approach him, he quickly puts it away and stands up, his eyes filled with sadness.

"Papa, what's wrong?" you ask, placing a hand on his arm.

"It's nothing, just some old memories," he responds, his voice tense.

But you can tell there's more to it than that, you insist that he tell you what's going on, and after a moment of hesitation, he finally opens up.

"It's my past, my true past," he begins, his eyes locked with yours.

"You need to know the truth about me, the whole truth, and why I actually kidnapped you"

As he begins to speak, you can see the toll the past has taken on him, the weight of the secrets he's carried for so long.

"I used to be a kind naive boy, but weak, my mother used to abuse me to the point where I used to not be able to walk for days"

He grabs your hands as a way to comfort himself.

"That was until I met Seranity, she turned me into a vampire, manipulating me into believing that it was for my own good..."

Luis stops as if just realizing that he has been manipulated to become a vampire.

"...Of course, my first victim was my mother, then later I have ravished into killing many other people shamelessly"

You start to feel your hands getting sweaty from how nervous you have become.

"Monsterity is actions not appearances and anyone who supports such actions is also a monster just like me and Seranity"

He places a finger under your chin, his sharp nail against your pulse.

"I would have gotten rid of you if you easily accepted me being your father and didn't condemn my action"

You stand up in surprise at his confession.

"Wait, what do you mean, didn't you want me to accept my fate to love you from the beginning as my father?"

"No, it's a test"

"I don't understand!" you exclaim.

"To put it simply, the reason why I chose you because you remind me of my human self" he explains, forcing you to sit back down.

"You have my exact personality as a human, kind, moral, and most importantly weak"  he lets out the words more softly now.

"Why do you want to be reminded of the past?"

"Because, I can't revive my past self"