Chapter Five

Luis forces you to return with him to the ball and warned you not to start crying or show any signs of fear, or he is going to make your punishment even worse.

"Oh, you have found her" Liara exclaims, delighted to see that you are alright.

"Yes, she just wandered off, you know how children are, their curiosity is amusing" Oliver stares at you, noticing how slightly you are shaking.

But he decided not to point it out.

"We all were curious when we were her age, weren't we, Ollie?" Liara turns to her fiancé who hasn't removed his eyes away from you for a second.

"Indeed, we were and that's what kept getting us in trouble" 

You flinch at the word 'trouble' feeling stressed and afraid about what is going to occur once you return home.

When the dance begins, and couples begin to dance, you follow your adoptive father to the middle of the ballroom before starting dancing gracefully.

You are thinking right now of getting rid of your pride, and just apologize, maybe this will save you from receiving the awaited punishment at home.

"I am sorry, can you forgive me, give me another chance, papa'’ you plead.

‘’You need to learn your lesson the hard way, (Y/n)’’

Him using your name instead of a pet name, made you understand that there is nothing you can do to have him change his mind, yet you kept trying anyway.

‘’Why do you want to hurt me? Parents never put their children in any harm’s way’’ you utter out meekly.

When his red eyes turn a shade darker at your truthful word, you instantly knew that you have hit a string.

‘’A punishment is required when a child does wrong, and you have done more than wrong, you have tried to run away after everything I have done for you.’’

Luis grabs you by the waist by the waist and twirls you around in the air for a second, before placing you back on your feet, succeeding in doing the perfect dance move.

"You are going to get punished, end of the conversation, angel"

 And with that, you do not speak another word throughout the rest of the night.

                                                              ----------------

Nothing is more painful than a vampire's bite, you could still feel the stinging sensation from him breaking your delicate skin with his fangs.

You could still remember your screams, you plead for him to stop yet he continued until he has made sure you have learned your lesson.

You have never imagined his punishment is going to be about getting bitten by him many times until you feel light-headed.

Right now, you are laying on your bed, looking tired and exhausted from the punishment.

"You know I did this all for your sake, my angel," Luis says, standing beside your bed.

"..."

You stay silent, refusing to even look at him in the eyes, afraid that you might do something you might regret later.

However, you mutter out a few words that his sensitive hearing catches on.

"I don't want to be turned into a vampire; I want to stay human" 

Luis doesn't show any signs of disapproval at your statement.

"I also did not wish to be turned into a vampire; however, my owner has other thoughts about that matter" he places a hand on your hair, comforting you.

"You have my (e/c) eyes and (h/c) hair when I was a human, so I chose you because you are perfect to be my child''  you close your eyes, falling asleep from exhaustion, his lulling voice also taking a role in putting you to rest.

Luis walks out of your room, closing the door slowly behind him as not to wake you up.

                                                             ------------------

The light-haired vampire stares at the painting in front of him, his finger grazing the lovely canvas, feeling the slightly harsh surface of the painting against his fingertips.

‘’My beloved, Serenity’’ Luis whispers.

The painting is of a very beautiful woman with long blond wavey hair reaching past her hips, her lips and face are pale yet that didn’t lessen her beauty, it only increased the uniqueness of her gentle looks.

The woman is dead like him, like any other normal vampire, however, she left him in his misery to be with another, claiming that is not good enough for her, anymore.

She turned him into a vampire against his will, claimed that she has fallen for him, however when he has truly fallen for her, she left him.

So, he killed her, and burned her body, not leaving any reminder of her wretched body.

The only thing left to remind himself of her, is this painting, the painting he has gifted to her when he announced his love to her.

Luis admits that he has been lying to himself the whole time about spending all these years alone, without anyone to comfort him.

He met Serenity and she left him for another, then many years later he met you, an innocent sweet child.

He has always thought of creating a family with his ex-lover, however, that was quite impossible for obvious reasons.

Nevertheless, he still created the family he wanted.

Yes, there wasn’t the wife figure who was supposed to play the mother role in your life, yet you have got him.

And he is never letting you go.