Chapter Four

You stare at yourself in the full-length mirror, a small smile on your face even though you are very nervous as this is going to be the first ball that you are going to attend.

Luis made sure everything is ready, he made the maids dress you in the finest clothes and brush your hair until it is neat and soft, decorating it with expensive flower pins.

The heirloom necklace is adjusted around your delicate neck perfectly.

"You look splendid, angel" Luis compliments after entering your room, looking charming as ever in his tailored attire.

"You look handsome as well, Papa" you return his smile with a bigger one.

You have been planning this for a while, act as you have finally accepted your fate as his daughter until the ball day then escape when he is not paying attention.

"Now that you are ready, we should take our leave, but before we leave there is something I need to warn you about" 

You gulp as he leans his tall figure towards your shorter one, feeling more stressed.

"You are not allowed to speak with others at the ball, you have to take my permission first" you nod your head at him.

'It is not like I want to speak to anyone in the first place'

"As you wish, Papa" Luis smirks, placing a hand on your left shoulder.

"Such an obedient child for your Papa, aren't you?" 

It might seem odd to some people how your adoptive father treats you like a toddler, but to you, it is normal considering how you can't change the way he thinks about you.

He acts like you are going to break if you don't depend on him in everything.

The only reason you argue to leave heightened is the voice in the very back of your mind that is telling you everything is better with Luis, he is no different from your parents.

I mean your inner voice is kind of right, Luis loves you the same as your parents did, the only difference is that he shows you his love in his own type of way.

The deadly protective type of way.

"Tonight means everything to me, you have to earn the blessing of a very important person" Luis instructs.

"Who is that person?"

"You will see when we arrive"

                                   ----------------

Your mouth almost drops in shock at how big and luxurious the ballroom is, the person who owns the place has good taste.

"Always look straight forward with your head held high, and do not show any sights of amusement, we are not at a toy store" your father reminds you softly.

Your excitement dies down the second you reach a couple, who look very similar to Luis.

Strangely, everyone has the same hair and eye color as Luis...well, except for a few people here who have average natural hair and eye color.

"You are here, Lu" the elegant white-haired woman greets Luis sweetly, while her partner stands still like a statue looking stressed.

"It seems like you have brought your little pet with you, Luis," the now smug man says, casting his eyes down at you with distaste.

"She is my daughter, Oliver" Luis corrects strictly, glaring at his friend.

"Do not be rude" the woman scolds her betrothed.