the sacrifice

this was inspired by a fanart created by twt user @pingugu05 called "the sacrifice"

the owner of the fanart gave me their full permission.

Felix as the prince and Hyunjin as the knight. Their journey ventures, but until when could it last?

Tag(s): blood, mcd

****

There was no fire around them but Felix could feel the heat. He felt his sweat slick his blinding crown and his fingers tingle at the sensation. Felix wanted to run from where his feet were planted to and catch Hyunjin's body to his, protecting him from every daggers of arrows and stones.

Let me go.

The crimson silk tied around Hyunjin's nape looked like it was dancing in the air. It moved here and there, gliding by the gush and accompanying the busy feet of the said knight. His long, accentuated sabre was hanging dangerously at his hands and that tied silver ashy hair was decorated painfully and beautifully with specks of blood.

I said let me go.

Hyunjin turned his head towards Felix with his flushed cheeks and scarred arms. Blood was gushing down his legs and though he was hurt more badly than Felix ever was, Hyunjin still ached to see Felix like that.

Just let me go.

The roar of the opposing kingdom's knights was loud. They were deafening, almost forcing Hyunjin to fold his knees and drop them to the cold cemented floor. Although the footsteps that raced to his front seemed far louder than any other cries, all that his ear ever heard was Felix's.

"No— no! Hyunjin! No—"

Hyunjin felt a smile creeping from his neck up to his lips. The pain from his leg shooting up to his groin never subsided, but at least the pain in his chest did. Something wet travelled down his cheek and even down to his neck, and Hyunjin already knew what was going to happen.

There were hushes, muffled screams, and stupid voices.

But now that Felix was running to him alone with his limping leg, Hyunjin was never sure enough of his life choices except for this.

"My king."

Hyunjin dashed right in front of Felix, catching the light body of the latter to his good arm, and clutching his lips using his other hand.

They both heard a count, one that only lasted up to the third but seemingly far long enough to make it all hurt, "Open fire!"

Felix's eyes welled up as he watched Hyunjin's smile slowly mortified into remorse. The upside down curve was folded and now laid flat, plastered right between Hyunjin's nose and cheeks. He felt a force beat his chest and then his core, and then to every part of his body that held Hyunjin tightly. Although the shower of figs, sharps, and stones throw their way to Felix, he felt nothing but Hyunjin's hitching breath across his nose.

His chest demanded air as his mind formulated incoherent words. He wanted to scream out loud.

For the last time when a loyal knight and his king advanced on their journey, the knight stared at his king lovingly.

Let me protect you, my Felix.