kiss me, coward

tag(s): sexual tension, implied enemies to lovers

///

Amidst the rush of the footsteps around them, he found himself right against the wall with the person he disliked the most, looking at him with so much rare fervor in his eyes.

"Oh my fucking god, Hwang Hyunjin." Exasperated sighs left Felix's mouth, forcing Hyunjin to look down at his hands. "And you dare to pull me in this damned room when all I ever did was to help you―"

Hyunjin was in a bliss of rage. Felix knew that much. But Felix meant well. He had always meant well despite his gravitating dislike towards Hyunjin.

"I didn't need your help!" Hyunjin's vein bulged on his neck. It was too dark to make something out of his face, but Felix could feel that he was flushed. Erratic heartbeats causing his blood to pool on his face, warmth radiating from his skin. Felix rolled his eyes. "I didn't ask you to go and meddle. I didn't ask you to hold my hand and tell those lads to fuck off when I could've done that myself! I didn't ask you to kiss― I didn't ask you anything!"

Felix felt like he was losing the whole point of their argument. Music played down the hall, electric and erotica sounds filling in their alcohol-fueled body as a way to loosen up all due to the college midterms. He scrutinized the details on Hyunjin's face―dusted eyelids, glitters on the highest point of his face, messy hair dangling on his forehead, and tinted, chapped lips―and scoffed.

"They were all trying to get into your pants, Hyunjin. What the fuck do you want me to do?" He fiddled his hands on his tie, loosening it and somehow blaming Jisung for making him wear such an accessory just to party with lustful boys and girls, moans bouncing on the walls.

He pressed his back further up the wall. He hurt his tailbone in the process, but he didn't particularly care.

"What is it to you if they want to fuck me then?" Grit was audible from Hyunjin's teeth while Felix―

Felix was stunned to his feet.

Hyunjin reek of alcohol. On top of his very beautiful face came a lean frame and good fashion sense that made Felix look mediocre―once again blaming Jisung for the neck tie. Hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed together, his lips quivering at the sides, wanting to bite the tension in between them.

Felix didn't have anything to say.

The truth was: he didn't know why he chugged the remains of the tequila in his red plastic cup and bid goodbye to Seungmin just so he could get in between two great college fucktards who were cornering Hyunjin on the left side of the living room. While he knew that his height wasn't something that could frighten anyone, kissing Hyunjin's hand and intertwining their hands right there felt like a just thing to push them off and leave Hyunjin alone.

"Don't you hate me? I remember you avoiding every chance you could possibly have with me." The tone in Hyunjin's voice was challenging and Felix loved challenges more than anything.

He lifted his chin, hands in his pockets and a sly smirk on his lips.

"It was just a kiss on your hand, Hyunjin." He pretended he wasn't the least affected with the way Hyunjin was staring at him. "Unless you want me to kiss you on your lips?"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes. His lower lip sucked in between his teeth and neck slightly turned to his side. Felix looked south and saw his hands balled into a fist when he heard Hyunjin's low groan.

Hyunjin was so irritated with him, it was funny.

"Oh yeah?" Hyunjin took a step towards him. He didn't budge and raised his brow at Hyunjin. "And if I do want to kiss you, what then?" Another step almost closed the distance between their chests as they hovered deep breaths, clear alliance with the tension that they have in the room.

Hyunjin didn't stop his tracks and paced closer. Too close that their face would almost touch, the tips of their noses playing with each other.

He opened his mouth to try and say something. He wasn't able to speak.

"So you can tease me all you want and when I did you just that, all you ever do is shut up?" His shirt felt tight. He was just listening to Hyunjin and letting the pounding in his chest be a background noise for it.

Hyunjin peered down. Their eyes met with the same look―dilated pupils, slightly glistened, all meant to peirce―and he tightened his jaw until a whine rolled out of his mouth.

"Then kiss me, coward."

Upon hearing that, Hyunjin had worked his hand to his tie and pulled him. Their lips bumped, painful at first in addition to their teeth that clanked, and now moved on their own accord like they planned on how their lips would part and close.

Hyunjin's hand on his tie was almost like a grip, pulling him in and in, his back no longer feeling the coldness of the wall. A hand was placed on his lower back and fingers were drawing messy shapes on his clothed skin, leaving trails of that night amidst the taste and smell of tequila between them.

He opened his mouth for a sigh, but Hyunjin seemed to have other plans by pushing his tongue in, earning a whimper from Felix.

His hands were no longer in his pockets and together they wrapped around Hyunjin's neck, bodies pressing against each other.

His eyes opened when Hyunjin pulled his face away while his hands were still.

"Are you falling in love with me already?" Hyunjin had that knowing grin on his face.

A taste of his gloss lingered in Felix's mouth.

And with a disgusted look, he managed to speak in his staggering breath, "You wish."

Hyunjin chuckled at him and pulled his neck tie for another kiss.