sunset

tag(s): letting go, unrequited love

///

The navy of the dusk mixed with the vibrancy left by the oranges all scattered in the sky. There laid the touches of the stars, the glimmers they give, and the orientals of them, falling perfectly hidden behind the misty clouds.

Felix held on to the railings and looked up. The sun was almost setting.

Felix didn't know what to make of it.

He didn't know whether to dwell on the stinging in his chest upon seeing the look in Hyunjin's face when he confessed his love out of the blue, or just let it all be, to mingle in each breath he heaved out in the air.

He curved the edges of his nails further to the coolness of the metal pipes. He didn't want to move―he couldn't bring himself to move― away, farther, further.

He wasn't supposed to feel anything. He wasn't supposed to remember the chattering of Hyunjin's teeth, and bitten lips, trembling to tell him, "I'm sorry, Lix." He wasn't supposed to feel his stomach drop, to pull the tangling right in his lower abdomen, but he did.

He felt it. He felt all of it.

And while he struggled to push himself away from the pain, he still kept on finding himself lingering on the remains that Hyunjin could give him.

And maybe that was okay. Maybe having Hyunjin like that was okay.

But he wasn't okay.

He looked at the setting sun for the last time, appreciating the beauty in the changes of its vividness to an utmost saturation. The light of the day would be engulfed by the darkness of the night and the sun would finally rest.

He threw his luck, he imagined Hyunjin's face;

He closed his eyes, he remembered how Hyunjin made him feel;

He swallowed.

Hyunjin didn't choose him.

But he wished Hyunjin did.

Maybe if the sun finally sets, so will his feelings for Hyunjin.

He lowered his eyes from watching the sun.