and they were different.

Hyunjin definitely doesn't like Felix.

written for hyunlix bingo.

///

He knows his limits.

He knows that no matter how hard he stares at Felix, he will never have Felix's eyes to him. He knows that even when Felix clasps his hand around his palm, the latter will never stop mumbling curses after curses like he isn't a royalty in a promenade dance.

He knows his limits.

Not that he makes a huge deal out of it.

It isn't like Felix does him bad―maybe, the other prince just really can't tolerate his presence―and he knows he doesn't do Felix bad either.

It's all good, in all honesty.

He knows his limits ever since the beginning of their encounter. Felix with his blue tunic and bright hair, and he with a deeper shade of blue, nearing the hue of the midnight sky, and a dark hair atop of his puffed face, their paths crossed and embarks a beginning to what they currently have.

Felix steps a foot further. Their chests almost hover against each other and Hyunjin is sure that his breath is almost rigged. He bites the insides of his cheek.

"The administration should stop forcing the two of us together," Felix snickers. Hyunjin somehow expects a laugh, a snort maybe, or anything to signify a joke coming from Felix's mouth. He isn't able to hear anything of such. "It's not like you and I like each other, right?"

The boy in his hold tightens his grip and begins swaying to the sound of the piano that comes from the farthest side of the room. He continues to bite his cheek―how can he even say something about that?

Felix is saying the truth or at least that is what he's been trying to convince himself.

How can he like Felix when all Felix does is to shove a cheesecake in his mouth like he isn't the generation's prince and laughs at all the antics made by Jisung? It almost makes Hyunjin want to grab a tissue and pat Felix's lips clean.

How can he like Felix when Felix can literally walk into their classroom with a worn out shirt and pays no attention to the people who stare at his bed hair?

How can he like Felix when Felix playfully smiles at him with a wink, as if he isn't already fuming in red, warmth dusting his cheeks, and embarrassment sinking deep within him?

How can he like Felix when Felix mutters a curse once again when he didn't say anything?

"Shit," Felix's eyes widen as he pulls his head slightly away. "Don't tell me, you like me?"

He reluctantly shifts away. In addition to the heat dissipating from his face is Felix's gaze on his that holds him still. He pulls and pulls, only to be pulled back by Felix.

The surprise in Felix's face resigns with a surprised one. There isn't any form of realization―at least, that is what Hyunjin hopes―but what lies on Felix's face is a smug look, proud and confident.

He hides his eyes by his fringes.

"You do like me―" Felix speaks with a chuckle, cutting his sentence short. "This is so amusing."

The rhythm doesn't slow and just accompanies his erratic heartbeats. Something in his chest is tingling and the blush on his cheeks is an enough cumulation of everything he tries to convince himself otherwise.

Felix is playful while he isn't. Felix is proud, confident, and loud while he isn't. Felix pays no care to opinions while he does. Felix doesn't like him while he does like Felix.

All that Felix is differs so much to him.

Felix moves closer to him, their chest now touching each other. As much as he wants to shut Felix away, Felix will not let him.

Felix doesn't say anything and just waits for him.

And amidst the eyes that stare at the two glamours dancing in the middle of the crowd comes Hyunjin who is raw.

"I actually love you," he shies away and to his feet his gaze remains.

It doesn't take much time for Felix to poke him.

"That's pathetic," he holds his breath from hearing those. "I was supposed to be the first one to confess to you."

He snaps his head back and sees Felix smiling, the exact opposite of his frowns.

Felix and he are so different.