chapter 4: the village

A/N: English is not my first language، so excuse me for any typing mistakes.

'Cero.' thinking

"Cero." talking

"Cero." And 'cero.' Important talk.

cero. Memories of the past

"Cero." Techniques

«cero.» places

*cero.* sounds

[Cero.] Murciélago

(Cero.) Music

############################

«????»

"Please stop !!! I have done nothing wrong !!!"

The screaming sound of a woman echoed across the dark corridor, being dragged by two people in red robes that covered their entire bodies. The two people did not care about the woman’s pleas, but continued their walk, muttering unintelligible words, until they reached an iron door. The two people did not need to knock on that door because the door was opened and there was a person wearing a black cloak behind it.

"Come in quickly, time will run out." The person in the black robe said, he looked flustered.

The poor woman's screaming increased, but the two people in red kept dragging her until they came to a large, flat, and dirty rock, dirty with dry blood, they left her there and quickly got out, it seemed that they were afraid of something. At that moment, five people appeared wearing black gowns with golden stripes on them.

Four of them anchored the woman to the rock while the fifth remained standing. The woman was crying and begging to let her go, but her words fell on the deaf ear as those five kept chanting words in an unknown language, it seemed as if they were reciting supplications of a certain kind.

The fifth person walked until he was in front of the woman and then removed the hood from his head so that the woman could finally see his face. He was a 30-year-old man, white in complexion, white and long hair. He was holding in his hand a large silver cross half a meter long, engraved with words in an unknown language.

"Hello, I am Father Garl Vinland." The man said while looking at the woman.

"Please ... leave me. I haven't done anything for you." The woman said while crying.

"You infiltrated our village even though we prevented you more than once. But you not only did that, but you also did the most forbidden thing in this village, entering the Forbidden Forest. Punishment is death." Garl said softly.

"Please don't! I have kids waiting for me!" The woman turned to Garl's sympathy, but Garl seemed unimpressed.

"it is too late." Garl said coldly.

Garl put both hands on the silver cross and then raised the cross, the woman was trying to break free from the hands of the people who held her, but she failed. Garl and his companions began to recite their prayers out loud. The woman did not understand what they were saying, but she did understand what Garl said after he finished reciting.

“My God who is in the heavens and the earth, let your angels guide this soul to heaven.” Garl said as he was preparing to stab his victim's chest, it was clear from his tone of voice and the look in his eyes that he did not want to harm this woman, but he had to.

"Stop!!!!" The woman screamed before Garl stitched the base of the cross into her heart.

A few seconds later, Garl fell to his knees and began to cry while the rest of his companions looked sadly at the dead woman's corpse.