Chapter 11: War Has Been Declared!

A/N: English is not my first language، so excuse me for any typing mistakes.

'Cero.' thinking

"Cero." talking

"Cero." And 'cero.' Important talk.

cero. Memories of the past

"Cero." Techniques

«cero.» places

*cero.* sounds

[Cero.] Murciélago

"Cero." Scary voice / lacrima / strong Voice.

############################

«Oak town, Phantom Lord Guildhall, Jose's Office»

"Well, even the devil of Magnolia couldn’t do the job." Jose spoke softly.

Jose was standing directly in front of a large window while Hector was sitting lazily on the couch. There was no one else in this room, and the walls of this room are soundproofed; So there is no reason to worry about the curious.

"It's not as if his success will have an impact on our plan." Hector smiled before taking a sip from his cup of tea.

It was all going according to plan. Ulquiorra's failure to do the job was predictable; Although he had shown an impressive performance, defeating a powerful Guild like Fairy Tail was something impossible. Even God Serena wouldn't find it easy.

Quite simply, Ulquiorra was just a guinea pig who was included in the plan in order to get the necessary information before they started the war.

Although Jose was nearly driven mad when his spies told him that Ulquiorra had taken Makarov out of the hands of death, he was not oblivious to other details; Laxus has shown that he does not care about the fate of the guild which means that he will not participate in this war, there is no sign of Mystogan's presence, Mirajane is unable to use her magical powers, and Gildarts will never be present. Which means he only has to worry about Erza and Makarov.

"Everything seems to be going well. Except for Erza Scarlet and Makarov Deryar, you have no other obstacles." Hector smiled.

"You’re right, but that doesn’t mean I can start taking it easy." Jose spoke softly.

"Are you talking about potential threats?"

"Yes."

"Like Natsu Dragneel and Gray Fullbuster?"

"And Ulquiorra Schiffer. Whether he's dead or alive, it would still be a big deal." Jose spoke before closing his eyes. He hadn't forgotten his pact with Hector, but killing Ulquiorra and the consequences of that wouldn't be something the Phantom Lord could bear.

Ulquiorra may be loyal to the guild masters, but it is the laws of the Magic Council that take first place; The Magic Council wouldn't allow this war to happen, which meant Ulquiorra wouldn't allow it to happen either. Also, Ulquiorra's performance in the last mission proved that he was not one to underestimate.

"As for that man, I will deal with him." Hector spoke with a sly smile on his face. "I know that killing an employee of the Magic Council is a crime that the Council will not tolerate. If any one from Phantom Lord kills him, you will be to blame, but I am not one of the Phantom Lord. Do you understand what I mean?"

If Jose or one of his followers killed Ulquiorra, the punishment would be public execution; This is a result that is impossible to deny or change. But if Hector kills Ulquiorra, the eyes of the Magic Council will be on Hector only.