[34]

Aurora Evangeline could not believe her eyes ─ her teary, bloodshot eyes as they laid on the sight of them, arriving in the Potions classroom.

Theodore. She loved him. She loved him more than anybody. It wasn't fair to him ─ none of this was fair to anybody. He was there for her through it all.

But Draco. She couldn't help but feel sorry for him. If he weren't under the love potions, he wouldn't have done any of the things he did. And if he hadn't ─ it meant she had no reason not to love him.

The world was turning against her.
But what's new?

"Theo, Draco," The names finally spilled out of her mouth, her voice on the verge of cracking.

"All three of you, sit, please." Neville huffed out part of his nervousness, standing opposite of his three co-workers. "Headmistress McGonagall has scheduled tomorrow for calling Miss Greengrass in, so she's asked you to resolve this before then."

Rory's eyes visited a different inch of the room every second in attempts to avoid eye contact with anybody. But naturally, her attempts failed.

Her sight darted straight into Draco's grey eyes which gazed at her with a look she hadn't seen in so long. As soon as she physically could, she shut her eyes harshly.

She couldn't let it happen.

"Could we have a moment, please?" Aurora requested, looking down into her lap as her tongue swirled around the roof of her mouth.

One person left the room. Rory was hoping that the other person would've done the impossible and realised she needed him to leave too, but he didn't. With the heaviest heart, Rory looked up at Theo from her lashes.

She didn't have to say anything.
He knew what she meant.
He just didn't know if she was being serious.
Was she really asking him to leave?
To leave her alone with him?

Theo's brows furrowed in the slightest, just barely enough to be the expression of 'Seriously?'

Aurora felt worse by the second, but she had to do what had to be done. She bit a small part of her lower lip; the expression of 'I'm sorry, but please.'

"Alright," Theodore finally allowed in a whisper, leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

Insincerely. He did all of this insincerely. He left the person he loved most alone in a room with the person who also loved her. The person that broke her heart. The person she had fallen back in love with twice.

He couldn't let it happen again.
But he knew that was exactly what he had just allowed. Insincerely.

The classroom was silent. Neither of them had the courage to break the dead air ─ yet they wanted desperately for the silence to go away.

Finally, Draco said, "You asked for a moment," looking up at Rory who after earlier, didn't want to look him in the eye again. "Aurora-" He only had time to call her name before she started speaking too,