[36]

Aurora Evangeline sighed and cracked the slightest smile for the first time that day. She was finally alone with her thoughts, even though she knew somebody were to find her soon. But for now it was just her and the lake.

Rory always disliked the lake. She always thought it made absolutely no sense. It had no purpose being there and it always made her common room cold. Not to mention the gigantic squid who'd pass her dorm window from time to time, blocking the indirect sun.

It always made no sense to her.

And that's why she always went there when she was in a 'curly situation', because seeing how useless the lake was made her feel better about herself and her problems.

But right now, it made more sense than her situation did.

Her body tensed up and her brown eyes widened at the sound of grass crushing behind her ─ he had found her.

"Knew you'd be here." Draco's voice said, just above a whisper. "Yeah? How's that?" Rory asked, not looking at him or even glancing over.

"Because you go here everytime you feel like shit." Draco's steps stopped just behind her, "And you go here a lot."

"Funny." Aurora said, sarcasm clear in her tone, still not bearing to glance over to him. "You know what else is funny?" Draco questioned, standing inches in front of her.

Rory gave no response. She knew what Malfoy was about to comment on. "The fact that you can't even look me in the eye." He finally said. It felt as if a punch in the gut to Rory.

He was right. She couldn't.

Even she herself didn't know why it was, but she just couldn't bare to. She held her tongue on the roof of her mouth, but as soon as she heard someone else call her, it fell,

"I fucking knew it!" Theo's voice yelled from a distance, the sound getting closer and closer. "I knew you were with her!"

"I just found her not three minutes ago!" Draco explained defensively, knowing Theo and his short temper needed it.

"Are you okay? What did he do?" Theo asked protectively, on the brink of a growl. He grabbed Rory by the elbow and pulled her closer to him.

Rory replied with, "I'm fine, Theo." Not a moment before Draco snapped at Theo, "What do you mean 'what did i do?' You think i'd lay a finger on her?!" He said, sincerely offended that Theo would even think for a second that he'd hurt Aurora.

"Is it so bad that I'm worried? I'm her boyfriend!" Another protective sentence came from Theo, glancing at Draco with what looked like disgust in his eyes.

The yelling rang in her ears so that even when they stopped for just a second, there was never any silence. "Stop! Both of you, please, stop!" She finally cried out, shutting the two up for barely ten seconds.

"You just love this dont you? You have your prince charming back!" Theo said, finally making Rory look up after minutes of staring at the ground, the lake, and whatever it was if not their faces. She finally looked up to furrow her brows at Theo, unbelieving of what he had just said.

"You think i wanted this? Theo do you think i wanted this to ruin my entire life and my relationships with the both of you?" Rory asked, the unbelieving still prominent in her tone. "Can't you just understand that this isn't only hard on you?! It's hard for me and it must be hard for Draco too! Why are you so damn selfish?"

Theo also couldn't believe what she was saying. At this point, nothing in their lives were believable anymore, so he snapped too, "Well if I leave you two alone for one minute, you'll be down eachothers' throats!"

"You really think I'd do that to you?" Her tone dropped to somewhat of a whisper, "Do you think that low of me?"

"Well it wouldn't come as a shock if it was with him."

A scoff sounded in Aurora's mouth, her tongue running over her teeth. Unbelievable.

"Leave. Both of you leave ─ please."

A/n

nyeh not sad like i promised but its ok ig
idk is it ok? lmk please hehe

thanks for reading
ILY ALL SFM <33