nine

on november 3,one month since venus was born, zenith decided to bake a cake to celebrate which sounded very childish but for once, he wanted to be childish. not a single day went by when he didn't see a smile on aurelia, harry or theodore's face. 

"just don't burn the kitchen." harry teased, walking inside the kitchen where aurelia and theodore were already seated on the dining chair. 

"shut up harry." zenith rolled his eyes while mixing the flour with egg yolk. 

"where's venus?" harry asked pulling a chair for himself. 

"sleeping." aurelia answered in a duh tone and before she could warn him not to wake the little girl up, harry was already out of the kitchen. 

he jogged upto aurelia's room and quietly opened the door not to wake venus up. he carefully picked her up in his arms and retreated to the kitchen, earning a playful glare from aurelia. 

"oh fuck!" zenith cursed, accidentally dropping the blendervon the floor causing venus to stir in her sleep. 

"if you don't control that big mouth of yours, then the first word that venus would say will be exactly that." theodore scoffed earning a sorry from zenith in response. 

"here, I'll help you." aurelia offered making her way upto zenith. putting the cake in the oven, zenith collapsed on the chair, wiping the fake sweat from his forehead. 

venus woke up few minutes prior to zenith placing the cake on the table. he took the cream sachet and wrote for venus ♡. 

after crying a little, venus finally fell silent when theodore took her in his arms and swayed her in his arms.

"oh she really dislikes the three of us." zenith faked being offended causing the other three to chuckle at his comment. 

"you guys forgot me huh?" the four of them turned to look at the door where stood bradley with a paper bag in his hand. 

"oh hey." zenith smiled, pulling him in a hug while harry shook his hand. 

"who's he?" theodore asked, leaning down to whisper in aurelia's ear. 

"oh he's zenith's friend. from america."

"oh hello. we didn't have a proper introduction yet." bradley smiled, standing in front of theodore,"i am bradley, zenith's friend."

"i am theodore. nice to meet you." theodore smiled nodding as he couldn't use his hand to shake with bradley.

"hello venus." bradley smiled, pinching her cheeks lightly,"i got something for you."
everyone watched as he pulled a small box from the paper bag and flipped it open, revealing a chain with the letter 'V' hanging from it.

"oh you didn't have to." theodore said.

"no, no, i wanted to." bradley smiled slightly.

"come on. it's time to blow the candles." zenith announced, clapping his hands to gain their attention. everyone circled around the cake and at last, aurelia blew the candles. the rest of the night went in chit-chat, harry teasing zenith for not blowing up the kitchen and bradley taking some photographs with aurelia's camera on zenith's request.

"I'll leave now." said bradley after a while. 

"I'll go and sleep." harry said after bradley left.

seeing that zenith was still not ready to leave the drawing room, theodore placed venus carefully in the crib and made his way towards the main door, followed by aurelia who bade him a goodbye.