fourteen

it took a long time for aurelia to try to smile again

it took a long time for aurelia to try to smile again. past one month, she didn't have a slightest idea about her surrounding. after a heartbreaking farewell to zenith, bradley had left for america seeing that he had nothing left in london. he wasn't thrown in azkaban as he had never tried to kill anyone and was constantly put under an imperius curse by his father.

all her life, aurelia has seen her loved one die for her which pained her a lot. even though she needed to stay strong, she didn't had the heart to. theodore felt helpless as there was nothing he could do to bring the smile back on her face. zenith was someone, he would always remember and he knew that zenith was super close to aurelia. but theodore had enough of aurelia crying over him and finally decided to confront her.

"hey." he smiled, walking inside the familiar hallways of 12 grimmauld place.

"theodore." aurelia greeted as a response, forcing a smile on her face. theodore immediately pulled her in a hug and pressed his lips on her forehead while rubbing her back.

"where's harry?" once theodore pulled away, he asked aurelia and walked inside the drawing room.

"upstairs. trying to get venus to sleep." aurelia answered, gesturing him to sit down on one of the couches. theodore fumbled with his fingers before he patted the space next to him and aurelia took it as a cue to sit down.

"what's wrong?" aurelia couldn't help but ask, her gaze fixed on theodore's fumbling fingers,"you look nervous."

"oh um, yeah actually. . . " laughing was the best way for theodore to ease the tension,"i was just wondering if. . . " aurelia looked at him expectedly, waiting for him to complete the sentence.

"i was just wondering if. . . " theodore took few deep breaths, earning an amused, light chuckle from aurelia.

"what were you wonders theodore?"

"if you would like to go on a date with me?" aurelia had to admit it was really cute of him to ask her out but before she could reply theodore beat her to it,"i mean you know we never really dated. and i just really, really want us to go on a date together. what do you say?"

"i would love to." aurelia shrugged with a small smile on her face.

"great." theodore grinned, pecking her lips,"so what are you waiting for? go, get ready."

"now?"

"of course."

"er. . . fine." aurelia smiled at theodore's excitement. while theodore waited, aurelia rushed to her closet, an unusual , wide smile lingering on her lips. 

she had no idea on what to wear so she decided to go with a simple yellow, over sized sweater and black jeans beneath them. she proceeded to french braid her hair and applied some light make up to get hid of the dark circles under her eyes. she was about to open the door when she felt a sudden pain arousing in her chest and the next second she was coughing perpetually.