eleven

theodore was about to knock on the door of 12 grimmauld place when he found it to be already open

theodore was about to knock on the door of 12 grimmauld place when he found it to be already open. hesitantly, he pushed open the door and entered inside, a sudden wave of nervousness splashing over his features.

the faint sound of muffled chuckles reached his ear only increasing his nervousness level. he followed the voices and his eyes widened in shock when he saw zenith and bradley seated on the couch with their arms around each other. zenith said something before quickly pecking bradley's lips who looked flustered.

"theodore." bradley immediately got up when his eyes fell on the young man standing by the entrance.

"need to apologize to someone?" zenith smirked once he spotted theodore by the entrance. he was no longer afraid of what others think about him and bradley but when harry found out about them, zenith was really happy that he had no problem with them being together. 

theodore wanted to glare at zenith but he couldn't even lift his eyes to look zenith in the eye. theodore was embarrassed of his deed.

zenith walked up to him but replaced the smirk with a sympathetic smile.

"what you did was really wrong theodore." zenith kept his hand on theodore's shoulder causing him to finally look up,"you shouldn't have run to any conclusion and even if you did you should have tried to sort things out."

"i was just so mad at that moment." theodore reasoned but it sounded stupid,"i am sorry."

"you don't need to apologize to me theodore." zenith said, patting his shoulder,"it's aurelia whom you need to apologize to."

theodore gave a curt nod and followed zenith to where he was leading him. zenith knocked on aurelia's door while theodore stood aside, mentally preparing himself to apologize.

 seconds later aurelia opened the door, smiling at zenith until her gaze fell on the certain brunet standing at the side. their eyes met for a brief moment and it was enough for them to know what the other felt. theodore realised how much pain he had caused aurelia and she knew how embarrassed and sorry he was for his actions.

"talk." zenith mouthed to aurelia and that's when she realised that he had picked up a sleeping venus in his arms and was making his way out the door.

 aurelia wanted to stop zenith but before she could come back to her senses, zenith had already pushed theodore inside and closed the door. that was the first time aurelia felt anger towards the black heir.

"speak." aurelia pushed the words out when theodore did nothing except staring at her.

theodore walked closer to her, frantically sweating and held aurelia's hands. he tried hard not to smile stupidly at the warm feeling arousing inside his body.

"i am sorry." he said, lifting his eyes to look at aurelia who had a straight face,"i know i messed up. like always. i shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion and assumed things on my own. i should have tried to talk and sort the misunderstandings but my anger blocked everything. i lost control over myself and accused you of doing something so vulgar."

aurelia knew she couldn't just forgive him. but she couldn't even stay upset cause she knew she needed him.

"golden-"

"don't call me that." aurelia gulped.

it pained theodore but he didn't say anything. he knew he deserved it.

"these past days theodore you don't know what dawned upon me. i have never felt so down not even when others used to call me a coward." aurelia looked away from theodore who had a terrified expression on his face,"i never knew when i fell in love with you theodore but the journey was beautiful. nobody ever made me feel the same as you do." aurelia held back her tears and returned her gaze back to theodore,"nobody ever hung out with me, nobody tried to make a conversation with me, nobody brought flowers for me, nobody sent me sweets but you did. you made me feel special theodore. and i can't even think about loving anybody else."

theodore wiped her tears and pulled her in a hug but she didn't hug him back, much to his displeasure.

"it broke my heart theodore." she sobbed in his chest,"you didn't write back. i thought you were over me. i thought you hated me."

"i can never hate you." theodore said, his voice quivering slightly.

"but you didn't come back. not even for venus." aurelia pulled herself back, wiping her tears away.

"i am sorry." a tear rolled down his cheeks,"i am sorry g- aurelia. i am so sorry. i wanted to talk to you but i didn't know what held me back. i can never thought of leaving you or venus alone. i am really sorry."

when aurelia kept quiet, theodore made her sit on the bed and handed her the glass of water kept on the side table.

"i trust you a lot aurelia but when i heard that you were hiding something from me, i automatically assumed it to be related to zenith." theodore admitted, sitting down besides her.

aurelia choked on her water making theodore rub her back comfortingly.

"you okay?" he asked, taking the glass back from her hand and kept it back on the table.

aurelia gave a nod before speaking,"it's not related to theodore." theodore gave a confused glance causing aurelia to take in a deep breath before continuing,"it's about the lung infection-"

"but you are taking the potion right? zenith said you're going to be alright." theodore panicked before aurelia can even complete her sentence.

"it's not about me." aurelia whispered, looking down at her lap.

"then?" theodore could feel a drop of sweat running down his neck.

"venus." aurelia choked out,"zenith said that because of my infection it might be possible that she must have gotten affected."

theodore felt numb ; he wasn't able to think up straight.

"but." aurelia continued, gulping the huge lump forming in her throat,"he assured me that venus is going to be safe. he has talked to the other healers and they all have decided on a treatment and a test to make sure that venus is fine."

"venus is going to be alright." theodore nodded as if he was assuring himself,"i trust zenith. she's going to be completely fine. i won't let anything happen to her."

"promise me." aurelia said, looking at theodore.

"i promise aurelia. she's going to be fine."