thirteen

in the morning around five, aurelia's eyes snapped open all of a sudden

in the morning around five, aurelia's eyes snapped open all of a sudden. she didn't know what it was but she couldn't feel her brain letting her sleep. rubbing her sleepless eyes, aurelia looked to her right to find her little daughter, venus sleeping peacefully with her hands curled softly in a fist. a smile made it's way on aurelia's lips as she leaned down a little and placed a kiss on her forehead. 

besides her was ginny who similarly had a tranquil expression resting on her face. aurelia slipped on her slippers and was about to exit the room when she heard a soft whine behind her. instantly she turned around only to find venus wide awake, a troubled expression on her little face. 

"oh darling, did i wake you up?" aurelia pouted, carefully picking venus in her arms,"i am sorry. let's go downstairs and let aunt ginny sleep."

aurelia showered venus with morning kisses while she made her way downstairs. on the couch was zenith sleeping with a blanket covering up his torso. his hand was hanging off the edge while his other one was over his head. venus' cry made zenith stirr in his sleep causing aurelia to quickly make her away. 

"aurelia?" zenith asked, stifling back a yawn as he did a few stretches and got on his feet. 

"oh i am so sorry. i couldn't sleep and looks like neither could venus." aurelia apologized, feeling bad for disturbing his sleep. 

"it's fine." zenith chuckled lightly, putting the blanket away,"good morning by the way."

"morning." aurelia smiled, walking inside the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water while carefully carrying venus,"venus says a good morning to uncle zenith too."

"i legit can't wait for her to call me uncle zenith." the black heir laughed, following aurelia inside,"i bet i am gonna be her favorite."

"can't say anything there." aurelia chuckled after chugging down a glass of water,"harry says he's going to be her favorite."

"ah competition i see." zenith joked, letting out a light chuckle before his expressions completely changed to that of gratefulness,"aurelia?" 

she looked at him expectantly, wiping venus's face with one of her free end.
"i wanna thank you." 

"for what?" aurelia raised one of her eyebrows. 

"for everything. really, i never thought my life was going to take this fucking huge turn. sorry." he smiled apologetically after he accidentally cursed,"yesterday i just felt so nice you know with everyone around. i felt accepted. and i can't thank you and harry enough for introducing me to such lovely people." 

"you deserve it zenith." aurelia flashed a smile, walking outside when her eyes fell on the plate of sandwich kept on the dining table,"sandwich?" 

"oh that." zenith chuckled lightly, standing besides aurelia,"i just woke up feeling hungry around four so i made myself some sandwich. harry walked at that moment and i offered him some but he declined when an owl suddenly barged inside the burrow, stating that mr.kingsley urgently needed him and he left."