Chapter 4 (No Quarters...)

Dupree arrived at her destination, face down on purple carpeted floor within the dreaded Zinkoff's tower.

"YUCK!" she yelled, spitting out some strands of carpet that had gotten in her mouth. She sat up and looked around. Spotting a window, Dupree stood up and walked over to it quickly to see how high up she was. When she looked outside, she shuddered. She was on the top floor of the tower.

Zinkoff's room.

How did she know that?

None of your business!

She shuddered yet again and turned around slowly. The room was circular,(because it was a tower.), and in the middle of it stood a blue four poster bed, with Zinkoff sitting on it's edge. He stared at Dupree with a calculating look on his face. He gave her a sarcastic smile.

"MAYA! How nice of you to join us! Come and sit!" he said patting the space next to him.

She rolled her eyes and scowled at him.

"You don't DESERVE to call me Maya, Zinkoff," she sneered. 

But she walked over to him and sat anyways.

"By the way, you're the only one here. There is no 'us'."

"And yet here you are."

MERLIN'S STUDY

Merlin, Daniel, Book, and Cae stood in silence before Daniel broke the ice. "Well THAT was unexpected..." With those words, she backed into the darker corners of the room.

"I think it was expected, at least in my opinion. "Dupree would risk her life, and dignity, for me and Cae." Cae scowled.

"Cae and I you mean."

"Why do you want to be first?" Book asked.

"I don't it is proper gramm-never mind," Cae replied.

Merlin ignored all of this conversation and said, "did you know it was physically impossible for a human to reach into that fog and reverse your locations?"

Book frowned. "But she just did! Didn't she?"

Daniel spoke up.

"ONLY those with magical abilities can teleport."

Cae raised an eybrow. "What are you suggesting?"

"That Dupree is a sorceress." Merlin replied.

Cae and Book's jaws dropped.

"On a GOOD note, since Zinkoff has what he asked for/wants, nothing too bad should happen." Daniel said cheerfully. Merlin was still skeptical.

"What's the catch?" he asked. Daniel sighed

"You're too darned smart Merlin!" she yelled. "Either Zinkoff will return to being non-evil, or Dupree will become evil." Book and Cae looked at each other.

"We're screwed...."

ZINKOFF'S TOWER

"I was never going to blow up Questria, that was only if my plan didn't work-" Zinkoff said to Dupree. "I just wanted to talk." She looked at him angrily.

"Since I mostly came to save Book and Questria-mostly-I might as well go back to the castle and see if Allan needs me." she said coldly, and stood up to leave. Zinkoff's face became panicked.

"NO! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN!!!" he yelled quickly. He crossed his arms, looking embararassed.

Dupree's stony demeanor softened for a second, before being replaced by with one of mocking. "AWW You can't live without me can you?" she said scornfully.