Prologue: Start

"When I grow up, I wanna build you a machine that can identify people's personality! That way, you won't be afraid to trust a friend anymore! Tehehee~"

"Even so, no one can replace your spot..."

BOOM!*

"N-Nee-chan..." The sound of your brother's cry made you turn back when you caught another explosion from the building. "M-Mama and p-papa..." He reminded, pointing the destructed building as you carry the young albino in your arms and run as fast as you can when you heard a gunshot in your way.

"Daijobou, Rei. We're going to be safe..." you said as you cover his body when you duck down from a quick flash from the gun's bullet that almost shot your arm. You ran deeper in the forest before your brother's silently mumbling things.

"Are you okay, Rei?"

"The future is not what it seems... I was never there..." he mumbled that made you stop and hid somewhere. All you did was look at him in fear.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm not there, nee-chan. I'm gonna die t-today..."

"D-Don't speak like that, Rei! You're going to fine!" You scolded him in a whisper before your ears perk a bit at the sound of some men roaming around the area. "If I ever was, then I would see myself..."

"Here. As a reminder in case something bad happens to me..." your little brother continued as he hand you a small camera.

"Check the forest!" One ordered before you cursed and start running again. You stop a  bit when Rei escape from your grip and stood next to you. "R-Rei?..." All he did was give you a tight hug for the last time.

"T-They won't stop until one of us are found..."

"This is an o-outrage... You can't just leave..."

"I'll die for you... so live for me..."

"R-Rei, stop talking l-like that. Y-You're scaring m-me..."

"I'm scared too, but what choice do I have... We saw everything what happen from the lab, so one of us has to g-go on... Nee-chan, I'm begging you please, do it for me... For all the people on this planet..." he said as he push you behind the tree.

"Rei, you c-can't... You're the only one I have left..."

"And I will be there with you always... wherever you go..." he fight back as he stood in the center when the light flashes through him, showing that he have been caught.

"Rei L/n, age 5, possible enough to process what you just saw a while ago in your average IQ. We hereby declare to cut your life tonight, 12:51 am. No one is allowed to spread the word about the experiment lifeform who escaped. Even when you are dying in a young age, you will still remember the event that occur once you grow up. Men, in the count of three..." one ordered.

So heartless... So brutal... People don't deserve forgiveness... Rei glance at you and give one last smile as tears both form, yet his was the first one to fell first.

Why does every laugh has to cry harder...

"Ichi!"

Be the role model everyone needs...

Why is it so hard to stop the people we admire...

People said that memories flash through your eyes before dying...

"Sis, we're gonna meet again soon..."

But this memory will haunt me while I'm living...

"Ni!"

Don't trust the people who were trying to protect you...

For the people on this planet...

They lied...

"I had fun with you... I r-really d-did..."

You cover your mouth from screaming and all the desparate breathing as he spread out his arms. They hope for the best expectations even it leaves a huge wound in your life...

"SAN!"

"REI!"

*BANG!*

He gave me one more painful smile as your pupils shrunk when they caught you from the moment you can't hold you scream anymore.

"R-Rei..." Your voice crack as he expected as he watch you till his last breath, his white shirt and arms were stain with his own blood.

"HALT! Put your hands up Y/N L/N!"

"R-Run, nee-chan... I-I'll wait for the t-time to p-play with you again..."

Your eyes shrunk and burst in tears as you caught your brother fell on floor with his blood, smiling as he experience the sleeping death. Expections to kill him are the only way to avenge our beloved ones, they say...

But it's clearly their fault... They will pay and die in front of me like they did to my dear brother... You gritted your teeth while clenching your fist, trying to stop your boiling tears before you lift him up and force yourself to start running, planning to loose the soldiers at all cost.

This could have end d-differently... But you just have to sacrifice your life for me, Rei. We could have made it out alive s-safely... Why did you give up... just like that?

Oh who am I kidding...

This is reality after all...

I silently gasp and look up to found myself in the cafeteria alone with no students in sight. The smell of the washed plates and the feel of breeze from the window. It's all here. "I fell asleep again. How lame..." I mumbled, not surprise at all. Just blank before ditching the rest of the subjects to teach myself alone outside the campus.

Welcome back to reality, Y/n.