Chapter 15: Fear Shot

•Sugino's POV•

"Any luck, O-Okuda-san?" I ask as I carefully drink my water. "Yes! There's one! From Y/n! She might not know Maehara-kun's weakness, but she want me to try something to calm his fever down..." she explained before I sigh in relief and watch Okuda made his way to the sick sunset boy to change his ice pack again.

She sat next to him and unexpectedly play with his hair that caught me by surprise when her smile was replace with a lifeless expression. Something like Y/n would give...

"I wanna go h-home... I wanna leave..."

"It's alright, Maehara-kun! You don't have to say those things!" Hinano said, trying to cheer him up even she's sick herself.

"I feel shitty and unlikable when you say that..."

"N-No-it's not like that!" The sunset girl ended up coughing before Takebayashi hand her a bottle of water. Just seeing my guy friend's expression, he looks like he's hurting a lot more than us.

"I-Itai... Everything I hear is killing me... Stop pitying me-- I know that I'm pathetic..."

This words are really familiar when you watch people who went into depression. But it was shocking when a positive guy, Maehara Hiroto himself, say it. "Okuda, please do something..." I pleaded before she slowly nod.

"I wasn't pitying you, I was being honest..." she blurt in the coldest way possible before Okajima and Takuya's jaw drop in shock.

"To tell you the truth, I don't have words to make you feel better..." she pause before putting his head on her lap and smile, "But I do have the arm to give you the warmth you need and the ears to listen to your problem..." she added, her tone turning soft.

"Would a-anything even change? You're just saying that because you want me to feel special when you're clearly f-faking..."

Silence...

"I w-wanna break... A-All of this... is s-so confusing... It always k-keep me awake. Stop making me look weak as t-today..."

Silence...

"Would you e-even cry if I step off the edge, Okuda-san..." he stuttered.

Once again, silence...

I turn to Okuda and saw her holding back her tears, but replace it with a smile. She didn't say anything and continue playing and caressing his hair. I notice Maehara's expression slowly turn soft and tired. Not too long, he finally fell asleep.

"You're no burden. You're not worthless. The worlds would be change if you left it behind..." Okuda's words is something Y/n will say. The scientist girl lift her head up and turn to me, realizing that I wanted to ask how she manage to do soemthing calming the atmosphere.

"Y/n wants me to act like her until Maehara-kun fell asleep. All I know is that she's cold, tsundere and quiet, so I did what I had to!" She half-whisper as she carefully put the boy's head back in his pillow and check his temperature, making her silently squealed in excitement.

"Takebayashi, his fever is down! We did it!" She half-yelled and whisper at the same time. It was a good news for everyone, but I'm curious... What's happening to Maehara-kun's life? He never said those negative words before... Not even once we heard him say this...

...Unless something bad happen...

•Your POV•

We hid behind the stairs while I'm the closest to Hayami and Chiba at the same time. Everyone silent their phones before we heard some footsteps in front.