Chapter 17: Matchmaking

I watch the ten students swallow the pills in sync before drinking their water. Smog is right. They feel all better after few minutes. "That was awesome! You guys are so badass!" The sunset boy was the first to congratulate everyone after the story telling about what happen last night.

With his bright smile, the girls all sigh in relieve. "By the way, thanks for calming my fever last night, Okuda. I didn't know how you did it, but it actually work!" He added while I avoided his gaze. "Heheh... It was stressful, but the girls all help!"

Today is the last day of our special summer camp and assassination vacation. All I could think about is what that octopus is planning last night.

"Hey Maehara-kun, are you alright?" I heard Sugino ask before the sunset hair playboy tilted his head in confusion. "Of course I am. What makes you say that?" All I know is that he forgot about what happen last night. It was all a blur when someone's sick after all.

"You made everyone worried this late evening..."

"I did? Did I say something bad last night, Sugino-kun?"

The baseball boy glance to me and I just shake my head in no, making him sigh. "Nothing. We're just glad you're all better, Hiroto-kun!" "Well duh~ I'm the sunshine here!"

I let the two boys hangout before walking around the seashore alone with the wind blowing my hair. We were making the most of what was left of our time on the island. I should maybe distance myself a bit to the others as well.

I didn't like how I reacted at the rooftop yesterday... It was very lame of me... I turn at my right and saw Rei a lot taller than me now. He was walking in the water beside me before he give a small smile.

"I'll always be here by your side..." he comforted as he planted a wind kiss on my forehead before he disappeared. Of course, Rei... Of course...

•Time Skip•

I return back at the rest and saw them gathered around the yellow octopus. What is he up to now? "A test of courage? Now?" I heard Nagisa repeated before I put my book down and check what's going on.

"Yes! What better activity for a midsummer night?!"

"You just want to have some fun. Hey (fruit/name)!" Karma waved, but I only look at the way and ignore him. "Unlike some people, I've been cooped up in a shell this whole time! On the tropical isle, of all places!" The yellow octopus complain.

"A test of courage?! Could be fun!" Maehara said in excitement.

"Right?" Isogai supported his enthusiasm. He's a ball of sunshine, indeed. "But I don't like scary stuff..." Hinano said with an awkward smile. "No sweat! Koro-sensei'll be playing the ghosts!" Sugino reminded.

"Oh right!"

"This is boring..." I mumbled bluntly. "You must come! It can help with your situation last night!" Koro-sensei blurt before I sigh in defeat.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"We'll hold it in this ocean cavern. Walk through the exit in boy-girl pairs! Guy students! Rock, paper, scissors! The winner will get paired with Y/n-chan!" Koro-sensei mention with a naughty grin. How am I not surprised...

At the end, I got paired with Isogai, which result to a few disappointing groan from the others. Why me out of all people...

"Chiba, would you be alright if we paired up?" Hayami ask casually. "Sure. I didn't join the rock, paper, scissor pairing anyways..." the sniper boy agreed as he hold her hand and enter the cave after Nagisa and Kayano enter first.