Chapter 9: Truth Unfold

Summer vacation-- and the freedom of being out of school. Or so they'd think. Well, not for me. I was panting more than usual since I overslept. Everyone got their emails on what to be bring and me being lock away in the world of technology, I got some trouble on what to bring.

"Nobody said we're gonna wear something casual for swimming..." I complain a bit, but not annoyed as I reach the school gate. More like a tired face with the usual poker expression. "Ohayo, Y/n-cha-...eeh..." Maehara pause when he see me swaying a lot.

"Eh? What's wrong, Y/n?"

"Carry me..." I ask all of a sudden that made his mouth went open. "Wait-what?!? Am I suddenly dreaming?!?" He scream as he start pinching his sides. "I can't take the heat... I wish to be a stone forever in the next of my afterlife. I just wanna lay down..."

"Y/n-chan, why are you talking funny now?"

"I overslept and... I don't want to take... another... step... Carry me... all the way up t-there..." I requested as he follow my hand where my finger was pointing at the school mountain.

"You overslept? Well that's unusual... Hop on..." he said as he bend in my level for a bit. I didn't hesitate to ride at his back before he start walking again. "Why are you here anyways? School's out..."

"I could ask you the same thing..."

"Well I'm looking for something... What about you?"

"Pictures..." I simply reasoned, waving my camera for him to see. "Nice~ Hey Y/n, I realize that you like piggy back rides. Why?" The boy ask.

"Hmm... Gakushu-kun always give me one since I easily get tired on running. I only get pumped when I'm fighting anyone by fist, combats, intelligence and more..." I explain as I buried my face at his hair, making him let out cute laugh. Wait-cute-what now?

"You're one adorable girl! Quite surprising enough that you manage to make Mr. Student Council President give you one for the first time in his school life. No girl ever dare him to do that. I bet he's pretty embarrassed..."

"Mhm. He try to ignore the stares from other students, but I always tease him after dismissal with my usual flat insults and jokes..."

The whole walk for Maehara was pretty easy since I'm light. Believe me, I look like a koala and I'm thankful enough that he don't mind. "Your hair smells like chocolate. I think my stomach is asking me for food now..." I mumbled before he chuckles again.

"Again? Ok, who are you and what have you done to our badass girl Karma keep talking about? That's a very straight-forward compliment..." He joke as he hand you one of his blueberry muffins from his lunch bag. "It wasn't a compliment. I was running and my pancake didn't last much in my stomach..."

"You could've at least just walk! We have no school anyways!"

"I don't wanna miss the Palos Verdes Blue... It's the rarest butterfly, yet was thought to be driven to extinction since the last photograph was snap in 1983. I happen to caught one when me and Asano met, but we lost it in sight. I truly believe that their wings glow blue under the sunlight in the right angle..." I stated nonchalantly.

"Looks like I heard something interesting from you again..."

Suddenly, we heard whispering from the forest. "Hey muffin, wanna check that out?" Maehara ask before I hummed. The height difference are so far. He looks like he was carrying a middle schooler.

"Whoa, just look at 'em all!" We heard Sugino's voice before rushing to some place and saw him admiring some bugs crawling at the trees. "Why are we here at school?" Another familiar voice ask. Nagisa Shiota.