Chapter 7: End of Term

Today is gonna be all out. Final Exams are ahead by the end of this grading period at Kunugigaoka Junior High. For everyone, grades are everything. For sure, Principal Asano will do everything to make sure me and my classmates will stay out of the top list.

But his main focus is me. He wants to create a staircase for his son in Rank #1. But he always underestimate my intelligence. I might have grow up in the orphanage, but he also underestimate their teaching skills. All of the lessons I learned are advance in my elementary days being homeschooled with complicated high school lessons.

"One tentacle for each top score... What do you think, Y/n-chan?" Nagisa ask as Okuda, Kayano and Sugino turn at my direction for an answer. I just blink and proceed to reading Home Economics.

"We'll take that as an agreement..."

"Yeah! We can do this!"

"When are you ever this fired up, Okuda-san?" I heard the red hair sadist ask from his seat. "Well, since science is my one strong suit, I might finally be able to help everyone out!" The girl with glasses reasoned as Kayano followed up with her.

"We have our share of high-scoring students here. Acing one subject each isn't that far-fetched!" Everyone was fired up until they died down when Sugino's phone ring.

"Shindo? Hey, what's up? Haven't seen you since the tournament!"

I was planning to ignore him until one thing caught my ears. "Right now, the entire accelarated A Class is in the conference room for an independent study session. Their leader are the pride of Kunugigaoka, geniuses known as the Big Five..."

When I heard that, flashbacks came back to me.

Coming in at second place on midterms. The socially aware mass-media hopeful who crushes the competition; Teppei Araki. The one who always pranking me, but failed due to my instincts.

And in third place. Dominator of competitions in the humanities, the perspicacious poet. The student council secretary; Ren Shakikaraba. The guy who broke up and play me trice. Now that I'm in end class, he's planning to get back together with me again and again and again...

In fifth place. The Memorization Monster burning grudge against Karma; Natsuhiko Koyama. The creepiest guy who try to scare me everyday and get irritated when he receive no reaction from me.

And in sixth place. The man whose sharp tongue and LA-honed language skills are light-years beyond the rest; Tomoya Seo. The meeting leader and the one who always flirt with me when I became Ren's girlfriend before.

In first place, coming first on the national mock exam and with perfect scores in all subjects... Mr.Student Council President; Gakushu Asano. The man with leadership in his genes and always against Karma. Especially me since he is the principal's only son, yet Principal Asano chose me as the favorite instead of him.

"He's gonna kill me..." I blurt out, catching everyone's gazes. "Huh? What do you mean, Y/n-chan?" Sugino questioned before I grip on my book. "Gakushu-kun. He's gonna make me pay for being his father's favorite..." I continued.

"Eh? How did that even start at the first place?" Hara followed the next question. "Since I step into this school, I beat him in 1st place, on my first whole year as the new student. Because of that, he truly despise me because all he want is his father's appreciation. And I stole that away from him... To be honest, he used to be my first friend, but he stop talking after that incident..." I explain.

"That was the longest sentence you ever created. I'm proud of you, Y/n-chan~" Karma said, patting my head, but I ignore him. "Not only they're looking to keep E-Class from returning to the main campus, Gakushu-kun will do everything to put me out of my place..." I added.