The Dancing Flowers

"I was never supposed to let you know who I was. I was supposed to stay hidden in the background, like a true ghost. I can't even do that right apparently. Mom will be so disappointed in me."

Phoenix said sadly.

Nathan frowned before moving closer,
" Why are you supposed to be a ghost?"

Phoenix looked up at him,
"Don't you know? According to the Academy, that's all I'm meant to be."
Kota's eyes widen,
"The Academy?"
He questioned softly.
Phoenix tensed up and took a deep shuddering breath.
"I can't do this. I'm not good enough. I can't.."
Kota gently grabs her and pulls her into his chest,
"Shhhh... it is ok. You are right you aren't good enough."
Phoenix snapped her head up and locked her watery eyes with Kota's determined ones,
Kota remained serious,
"You aren't good enough. I'm surprised, I was expecting better. After all, you are the number one ghost bird's daughter."
Phoenix jerked back like she'd been hit, but her eyes filled up with fire and determination,
" I am a Phoenix, I came from the stars and every time I fall down in a blaze of hellfire. I rise from the ashes and try again."
Phoenix stares down the men around her with determination.
Kota grins down at her proudly, using his hand to turn her gaze back to his.
"There you are. I thought we lost you for a moment."
Phoenix just smiled back at him,
'I can't tell them yet because they will stop me, but I also can't not tell them because then they will get hurt by trusting the enemy.'

Luckily,she didn't need to think of a distraction because Silas's stomach did it for her.
She giggled as Silas holds his stomach like he can muffle the noise.
North chuckles patting him on the back,
"I think it is time for lunch"
North grumbles moving to the kitchen,Victor and Luke following his lead.

Sean starts to walk over to the kitchen, but Phoenix quickly moves towards him and wraps him in a hug from behind.
'I remember the cooking stories from mom and don't want to experience that chaos first hand, at least not yet'
Phoenix thought reluctantly.

Sean smiles gently at his daughter wrapping her up in a comforting hug.

She wiggles out of the hug and ignores her fathers confused looks and darts to the bathroom, almost running into Kota on the way. Easily slipping her burner phone out of his back pocket on the way.
The men chuckle at their daughter as they watch her dart into the bathroom.
Not realizing what is about to happen.

Phoenix quickly takes out her phone and dials the number she got from her new friend,
Phoenix Jessica

Hello? Who is this

Phoenix nearly sagged with relief as she heads her friends voice.

It's me.

Hey little dreamer, what's wrong?

I need help getting out of a sticky situation.

What kid of situation?
Jessica asked alarmed.

A family one.

I thought you were looking for them? If you found them, why would you want to get away?

Blueberry!

Books.