Life, Liberty, And The Pursuit Of Freedom

tw: descriptions of violence

Everyone was gathering at the edge of the lake, now completely outfitted in netherite armour courtesy of Technoblade. They were ready for war. Ready to take by Manburg from the vicious Schlatt and his army of renegades.
The man himself was double checking his equipment, drowning the chatter of voices in his head by scraping a blunt rock against his sword to sharpen it.

One could see he was anxious, his foot tapping the ground impatiently and his fingers twitching back and forth as he slid the rock. He was just itching to get this over with. The sooner they moved, the sooner he'd be able to topple the government and kill Schlatt.
The sooner this was all over.
The sooner he'd get Rain back.

Crack

Techno looked down to see the stone he had been using had been fractured, a look of surprise crossing his face. The rock crumbled into bits when his grip loosened, falling to the floor uselessly. He hadn't realised his thoughts had accidentally triggered his adrenaline response.
Techno sighed, the rock didn't matter.
The sword was sharp enough already.

Wilbur had informed the rest of Pogtopia about the 'traitor' in their midst. About his suspicions that someone might betray him, again. Even though he stated he only trusted Tommy with that information, he believed the more people knew, the more likely the traitor could be discovered. Techno was slightly curious as to who it was, but he didn't think it would interfere with the plan.

He glanced up to see Wilbur looking over at him, his hazy eyes unreadable as usual. The man approached him swiftly, hands hidden away in the folds of his trench coat.
"You ready? We're moving at sundown." Wilbur asked.
Techno nodded, standing up and sheathing his sword. "Good. We can end this soon, then."

————————————————

"Come on, Blade! You're falling behind!" Tommy teased, his boots scraping against the stone stairs as he made his way up. Technoblade shook his head from where he stood at the foot of the steps, his gold earrings jingling.

"Tommy, I'm literally five steps behind you." Techno called, his hooves clattering against the stone as he followed the shorter boy. Wilbur approached just after him, followed by the rest of Pogtopia. They ascended the stairs until they reached the top, standing several feet above the ground on the mighty Railway Bridge.

Techno looked up to meet the glare of the sun, the rays running along the iron minecart tracks. Disused, obviously, it ran through both territories. It was half a mile straight West before they reached Manburg, but the faint silhouette of the Tower stuck out against the landscape, a shadow against the horizon. Quackity appeared next to him, turning around to face the rest of them. His eyes were cold.
"This is the last chance, for Judas to reveal themselves." He stated simply, the cheerful atmosphere vanished almost instantly. "Who's the traitor?" He asked.

No response.
The traitor would be staying perfectly silent for now.

"It was worth a try." Quackity sighed. Techno clapped his hand on Quackity's shoulder. "Yeah. Good on you for trying, Quackity." He said. The group turned back to the path ahead, Techno's crown glinted in the light as he stared down the tracks.

Tommy stood next to him, sword pointing towards the sun. He looked so happy, breaking off into a skipping run, leaving the others to flood after him. Techno watched for a moment before giving a single laugh and charging after them, easily outpacing the others until he was matching strides with Tommy. Then he started to overtake him.

"Tommy! You're falling behind!" Techno called over his shoulder. The teenager snorted and laughed in response. He quickly sheathed his sword.
"Ha! Is this a race?" He asked, speeding up.