chapter eight

Ash watched Eiji carefully, he froze when he saw him start to cry. This was one thing Ash hated seeing, which was Eiji upset. He heard Eiji talk which made his eyes widen, was he really blaming all this on himself?

Ash hugged him tighter and shook his head. "Eiji listen to me, none of this is your fault okay! Please...don't blame this upon yourself, you never got me hurt!"  he pulled away from the hug, a sad look on his face. Ash brang Eiji over to the couch and sat him down on it, wiping his tears away.

"You wanted to tell me what?" Ash stayed calm in this situation, he knew if he ended up shouting it would only upset Eiji more. The blonde placed a hand on his shoulder and smiled, bringing him into another tight hug. "Please....its not your fault Eiji" he moved one of his hands to the others head and ruffled his hair.Eiji said ignored Ash’s question about what he stopped before saying. Of course, Eiji knew Ash was smarter than that. Ash could easily figure out what Eiji was going to say.

Eiji hugged back even tighter, saying like that as he cried for a little longer. Once he calmed down, he took a deep breath. “... I lied to you earlier when I told you I had been okay.” Eiji confessed, though Ash likely already knew.

“I barley left my bed most days... I barley talked to my family... I thought of you every single day.” He said , looking down. Ash meant everything to him. “Being away from you ... it was torture.” He said, sniffling and rubbing his nose. He was just... upset to learn all that. That Ash was hurt by something that was supposed to make him happy.Ash kept silent whilst Eiji spoke. He took a deep breath and hugged him tighter. "I know you did Eiji...I just didn't say anything about it at first.."  He kept on messing with Eijis hair with one hand, rubbing his back with the other. 

"But listen, I'm here now okay? I hated being away from you too, when I was at the hospital I always felt a part of me was missing, and that was you.  And trust me, your letter never hurt me. If you were to blame anybody it should be me, I'm the one who got you hurt on multiple occasions.."

Ash sighed and leant back, he kept Eiji close to him. He didn't say anything else, he wasn't sure what he should say anyway.  The two was silent for afew minutes, Ash sighed and looked back at Eiji. "You should get some rest...we can talk about this tomorrow"