chapter fifteen

Ash smiled when he saw Eijis face, chuckling slightly when he saw how red his face was.

"Eiji...give me one good reason why I would ever hate you."  Knowing Eiji, Ash could see how nervous he must've been, and maybe him not saying anything back made Eiji worry. He lay a soft kiss upon the others cheek and leant back, a small smile on his face.

Throughout the few months they were separated Ash couldn't even begin to imagine how upset Eiji must've been, after all he just disappeared from Eijis life without saying anything at all, and that could hurt most people. Even if that did happen Ash out it all behind him, now trying to enjoy every moment he had left with the boy he loved.

he kept Eiji close to him, not letting him away from his grip. Apart from all the fighting this may of been the first time Ash and Eiji had been this close. If they were ever to be separated again Ash would do all he could to find him again, just like now.Eiji shook his head, too flustered to answer Ash’s question. He simply nestled his head on Ash’s shoulder, trying to forget how nervous he was.

Eiji had been upset since the day he’d left New York. His life without Ash was empty. Ash gave him purpose- He needed Ash. It was difficult even believing that Ash was there now, given Eiji believed Ash were dead. It was all so surreal.

Eiji decided that Ash couldn’t be too repulsed by his feelings, after all he had kept him close and kissed his cheek. That was all Eiji needed. Ash didn’t have to verbally say he felt the same- all Eiji wanted was for Ash to be with him. For Ash to stay.

Eiji found himself very comfortable in Ash’s arms, he honestly wouldn’t mind falling asleep right then and there. Eiji was content... though, still thinking about what had happened to Ash the day Eiji left... was there anything Eiji could have done to help him...? Maybe if he’d crawled himself all the way to the library, Ash wouldn’t have gotten so severely injured. Eiji couldn’t help but feel guilty. It seemed as though so many people had been hurt or killed on his behalf.Ash took the silence of the other as a no. He rested his head above Eiji's as he lay there, he kept still. He was pretty warm himself but felt quite comfortable.

Ash knew Eiji must've thought he was dead, after all, two months without any form of contact did give that assumption.  It was hypothesized that he was dead, but he was one of the lucky few who lived.

Even though Ash never really said he loved Eiji, it was obvious from his actions. After all, nobody said he had to speak to show his feelings. Ash's chest heaved slowly and his heartbeat was slow and calmed. He smiled softly at this, he felt the sort of need to keep Eiji safe at all costs, but that was normal for him; he knew Eiji would be safe here in Japan.

Despite what happened back in America, Ash didn't blame a single thing on Eiji. After all, he never intended to put the male in danger like that. He knew everything happened for a reason, he would've been happy dying then and there in the library. After all, that was the only way he could be free from all the pain he's experienced. But maybe being with Eiji could change all that. "Have a good sleep," he says quietly, closing his eyes.Eiji began nodding off slowly, affectionately cuddled into Ash. It felt like a dream come true, a surreal event that only existed in places like heaven. To Eiji, Ash was his angel.

Falling asleep, Eiji attempted to respond to Ash. “Goodnight, Ash... I lo...” he said before falling unconscious. Eiji would likely be getting the first good sleep he’d gotten in two months. Frankly, he’d be happy if he never woke up.

Eiji stayed close to Ash as if his life depended on it. Ash was the only thing that mattered in that moment. Eiji fell asleep to the sound of Ash’s heart, enjoying the sound greatly as it meant Ash was alive.

There was very little if not nothing that Eiji wouldn’t do for Ash. Eiji likely knew that the very first day they’d met. He didn’t need Ash to reciprocate his feelings... what he needed was Ash to be around.