canvas with @MeiSummer

we had a conversation with Mexia, a wattpad star with three paid stories on wattpad! check out her books if you have'nt!

1.tell us about yourself

Hi! I'm MeiXia, also known as MeiSummer on Wattpad. I write romance stories featuring Asian characters and BTS fanfiction. When I'm not writing, I'm reading, watching C-dramas and K-dramas, taking photos, or hanging out with my little kitty, Flippy.

2.what is your inspiration to write? how did your journey started?

Ever since my father gifted me with a Nancy Drew novel in fourth grade, I've been a voracious reader. This love of reading inspired me to write my own pieces. I started out with poetry, then started contributing articles to our school newspaper. When that wasn't enough, I wrote stories that came to my mind at the back of my school notebooks. Later on, I started posting full-length novels on Wattpad.

3.you said your characters resemble you closely..is that true?

That's true, in a way. Because they came from me, sometimes I pass on bits and pieces of my character, quirks, physical attributes, and even experiences to my character. However, I can't say that any one of them is exactly like me. They are their own "person" so to speak.

4. what keeps you busy these days?

Work, unfortunately. I have a full-time job outside writing. This year, my job is particularly demanding and time-consuming. Sometimes, I come home and have no energy to even think about writing. It's sad, but that's adulting for you.

5. fav food

I love East Asian and Southeast Asian food. From kimchi stew to Filipino adobo, I love them all. For a food lover, it's really hard to pick only one. I love Indian curries and samosas, too. Variety is the key!

6. a fav. hobby you would like to share us

I'm not a professional, but I really do enjoy taking photos. Specifically, I like dressing up or helping others dress up, then taking portraits. I find the whole process, from deciding on the concept, photographing, to editing, greatly rewarding.

7. two embarassing moment if you could share

One time, I went to a hospital to do a standard full-body check. One of the procedures left me feeling so dazed I unknowingly went to the male toilet to pee. I didn't even notice the male urinals. I went straight to the stall. Then when I came out, there was a man outside doing his thing. I frowned at him thinking he was the one who went to the wrong place. Only later did I realize I was the one at fault.

8.describe romantic novels in one line

To read a romance novel is to go on a journey with twists and turns, sometimes encountering difficulties, but always knowing you'll reach a beautiful destination in the end.

9.the last rude comment to you

My readers are exceptionally sweet so I rarely encounter rude comments. The rudest one I've encountered would be people bashing me for putting my stories in the Paid Stories program, but that was a long time ago.

10. what was the best thing of your life till now?

The best thing that happened to me so far is finding my cat, Flippy. He gives me so much joy and his existence is truly a blessing.

11. any message you want to give to your readers on wattpad?

Without your support, I wouldn't be able to go so far with my writing. Thank you so much for reading my stories and being patient even though I don't update frequently. I really love you all!

12. are you looking forward to write a new story on wattpad?

I'm always looking forward to writing a new story. I have several stories in my head, but to get them down on paper is the challenge. I'm sure a lot of other writers will understand. :D

13.lastly,did you enjoyed the interview?

Of course! Thank you so much for taking the time to send me a message. I hope you also enjoy my answers. :)