Dad #2

{Freddie's POV}

April 5, 1985

I'm still so shocked. Bridget is simply perfect for me, I mean if you would have asked me if I would go and adopt a 13-year-old girl about a year ago, I would have thought you were nuts.

"Are you sure your okay with this?" I asked her.

"For the last time, yes Freddie I'm okay with you dating men." She answered with a smile.

"Bye dearie!" I said. I got in the car while she stayed at home with the maid. I was going to pick up my boyfriend, Jim, from the airport. He didn't know about Bridget and I hoped he would be okay with the fact I now have a daughter.

{30min later}

"Hey Freddie!" Jim said, leaning in for a hug and a quick kiss.

"Her darling!" I replied.

We got his baggage and went to the car.

"Uhm Jim?"

"Yes Fred?"

"I- adopted a kid." I told him.

"Fred- that's great!" Jim said, excitedly.

"Really? Well, her name is Bridget." I told him, smiling.

"How old is she?"

"Well, this is the part I didn't know if you would like..."

"What do you mean?"

"She is 13..."

"And? Don't we have Mary to help her? I bet she is great if you picked her out." Jim said, holding my hands.

{One car ride later}

"We are here dear, come meet Jim!" I said as I saw her coming down the stairs, smiling.

"Hello Jim!" she said. She seemed very excited to meet him. She put her hand out and Jim shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Bridget." He said, also looking excited.

We all went to the kitchen table and had our maid make some tea. Bridget is very talkative and her and Jim got along great.

{Jim's POV}

April 5, 1985

When Freddie surprised me with a flight to see him, I did not know he would surprise me with a bloody child. I have always wanted to be a father, but this is not how I expected to. Freddie told me many times that Bridget is his kid, and I am not responsible for her. He also told me that she was 100% fine with us being gay, he actually said she seemed happy with the fact. but sitting down with her, I noticed how perky and excited she was to meet me. We just sat and talked; she sure had a lot to talk about. After a bit, I saw how much she was like Freddie. Her and Freddie where already close and it had only been about two months since he adopted her.