Position

She hit my iPhone, told that bitch stop callin'

_____________________________

Mercedes

I clutched the Louis Vuitton and Chanel shopping bags tightly in my hands as Karma and I walked down the streets of Rodeo Drive. Since all of my bills were paid I decided to take the money Rodrick gave me and go shopping.

"I'm starving. Let's go have lunch" Karma said wrapping her arm in mine.

 Let's go have lunch" Karma said wrapping her arm in mine

We went to the nearest steakhouse for lunch. Once we were seated, I browsed the menu.

"Do you know what you want?" she asked.

What I wanted wasn't on the menu. It had been two days since I spoke to Rodrick. I wanted to reach out but I didn't want to seem clingy. Especially because I wasn't his girl or anything.

"Umm maybe just a steak salad. What about you?" I asked closing my menu.

"Steak and potatoes" she answered simply.

After the waitress took our order we had girl talk over a glass of red wine.

"So how's Roddy?" she asked suddenly.

"Um he's good I guess" I said unsure.

I took a sip from my wine glass and sighed.

"I don't know why you fucking with his young ass anyway" Karma rolled her eyes.

Karma was the more rational one out of my two friends. Vicki couldn't come out with us today because she had class. She was a law student at UCLA . She was also the youngest one out of us three.

"I know I should move on but I can't. It's like he has this strong hold on me" I admitted.

"That's just good dick. Trust me it's plenty of it out here. You just have so much more to offer than to settle for some thug" she said honestly.

Rodrick was much more than just a thug. He was ambitious, a go getter, and had a good heart. I know he did a lot out on the streets but that didn't define him as a person.