4 Da Gang

Every time they see me, they say they ain't seen me in a minute. Probably fuckin' on your bitches, probably runnin' up the digit.

____________________________

Mercedes

I placed the last plate made of fine china down on the place mat.

"Are you nervous about meeting my family?" I asked looking over at Rodrick.

"I'm straight. A nigga ain't worried" he said making me giggle.

My parents and Sammy were in town. They were attending an information session at CSU. I walked into the kitchen to get the lasagna I made out of the oven. I paired it with a salad and garlic bread. It was Sammy's favorite food. I placed the glass dish in the center of the table.

"Shit look good bae" Rodrick said walking up behind me.

He wrapped his arms around me from behind. I laid my head back on his chest. We rocked side to side enjoying each other's silence. Having Rodrick to myself was everything I've imagined it to be. The doorbell rang snapping us out of our moment.

"That's them" I squealed.

I walked over to the front door and opened it seeing my parents and sister.

"Hey daddy" I greeted my father as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hey baby girl" he said as I embraced him back tightly.

I looked over his shoulder at Sammy.

"Sammy!" I called out pulling away from my dad.

I hugged Sammy like I haven't seen her in years.

"Hey sis" she said embracing me back.

We pulled away from each other as my mom walked over to me.

"Momma" I said softly.

My mom pulled me into a hug. I've always been a momma's girl so getting hugs from my mom was everything.

"Hey baby" my mom said.

I invited everyone inside, where they came face to face with Rodrick. After closing the front door behind me, I walked over to Rodrick's side.

"Momma, daddy this is Roddy. My boyfriend. Roddy this is my mom and dad Mr. and Mrs. Simms. You already met Sammy over facetime" I introduced everyone.

"Nice to meet y'all" Rodrick said shaking my dad's hand.

"Nice to meet you too" my dad said returning the handshake.

"Hey brother in law" Sammy smiled widely.

I put my head down embarrassed.

"What up Sam?" Roddy said giving her a hug.