Baby Boy (Struggle)

Sixteen on my own, young nigga being grown. Couldn't trap, I had to rob niggas. Cause I ain't even have a phone. I was tryna be a man, got me feeling all alone.

____________________________________

Mercedes

I looked down at the timer on my phone seeing there were thirty seconds left. My palms were sweaty while my knees were going weak.

"You're not pregnant" I said aloud as the timer came to a stop.

I took a deep breath before walking over to the black marble covered sink. I looked down at all three pregnancy tests. Positive.

"Shit" I cursed on the verge of tears.

How could I be so stupid? I knew I didn't have a relationship with Rodrick yet I used no condoms the last time we had sex. Tears ran down my cheeks as my eyes shifted over to the bathroom door.

"Mercedes are you okay?" Karma asked while knocking on the door.

I opened the door staring at her blankly. She sighed staring back at me. She reached out to embrace me and I fell into her arms. Tears streamed down my face as many thoughts raced through my mind.

"You're pregnant huh?" she asked already knowing the answer.

"Karm this is not how I pictured this. I was supposed to be married with a family. Not single having a baby with a man who doesn't even love me" I said placing my head on her shoulder.

Karma forced me to look at her.

"I know this isn't how you pictured things but you have to look at the blessings behind it. You've wanted to be a mother for quite sometime now. Now you can" she smiled as we walked into my bedroom.

We took a seat on the bed as I calmed down a bit.

"You know my history. What if this baby doesn't make it to term?" I asked fearful.

In the past I have had two miscarriages. I always felt like less of a woman because I couldn't carry a baby to full term.

"You have to be positive Cedes. Just make sure you take care of yourself and focus on the baby" she said locking eyes with me.

I placed my hand on my flat stomach. Deep down there was some sense of excitement that I had for being pregnant but on the other hand it wasn't.

"What if Roddy doesn't want the baby?" I asked sadly.

"From what you tell me he's a good father. I feel like he'll do the right thing. If not then we'll raise this baby together" Karma smiled hugging me up.

"I love you" I said embracing her back.

"I love you too girl" she said.

My thoughts went over to Rodrick. I wondered how he was going to take the news of being a father again. Whatever the outcome was I would deal with it.