Sak Passé

Them Haitians fuck with me, so they say "Sak Passé".
_________________________

Mercedes

Rodrick meeting my family was like a big weight being lifted off of my shoulders. My momma wasn't really too happy about our relationship but she respected it. My daddy took a trip to Rodrick's dispensary and loved it. My daddy has been a proud weed smoker since his teenage years. Tonight Rodrick wanted me to meet his family including his daughter. I was nervous unlike him.

"Babe are you sure your mom is going to like these?" I asked holding the vase filled with a dozen red and white roses.

"Yeah bae. Red and white is her favorite colors" he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

We walked over to the front door of her apartment. Her building wasn't nearly as nice as Rodrick's which is why he always talked about wanting to move her and his sisters out of the hood. He was almost there.

"Roddy what's good brotha?" a man with a thick Haitian accent greeted Rodrick.

"Sak passé man" Rodrick said back before shaking the guy's hand.

Roddy turned back to the door using his key to enter. As soon as we stepped inside, a young girl ran over to Rodrick hugging his side. She looked too old to be his daughter. So I assumed it was his sister.

"Roddy!" she said excitedly.

"What up Tori? This is my girlfriend Mercedes. Cedes this my youngest sister Katori" Rodrick said hugging her back.

"Nice to meet you Katori" I said politely.

"Hi. Nice to meet you too" she said waving.

We all walked into the living room where Rodrick's mom and sister sat. His mom had his daughter in her lap. Their apartment was extremely neat and clean.

"What up moms? This my girlfriend Mercedes. Cedes this my moms. That's my sister Sana. Na this my girlfriend Cedes" Rodrick said reaching out for his daughter.

"Nice to meet you" I said with a smile. "These are for you Mrs. Moore."

I handed her the vase of roses.

"Oh baby no. My name is Shelia. Moore is his trifling daddy's name. Nice to finally meet you. My baby boy been telling me about you" she said accepting the roses. "These are nice. Thank you."

"I'm glad you like them" I said as Sana stood up.

"Nice to meet you. It's cool Roddy has a girlfriend now. And you're pretty" Sana said hugging me.

I embraced her back lovingly noticing a slight pudge on her stomach. If I didn't know any better I would have sworn she was pregnant.

"Thank you Sana" I said.