11

After finding her brother and explaining the situation to him, Juliet was now searching for the French F1 driver about who the article was also written

She found him being interviewed post qualifying as were other drivers. The blonde made sure she was stood back out of view from any cameras as she waited for him to finish. 

"Now Pierre, just one final question before you leave us. I'm sure you, like all of your fans, have seen the article about you and Juliet Hubert. Care to make a comment?" The interviewer asked catching Pierre slightly off guard, although he knew about the article he didn't expect to be asked about it.

"Juliet and I have been friends as long as Anthoine and I have. The picture was simply blown out of proportion and out of context. Both Anthoine and his mother were there with Juliet and I that night, it was simply a Hubert family dinner that I invited myself to." Pierre replied causing the man conducting the interview to laugh which put the RedBull driver at ease hoping he had done well to answer the question without causing to much controversy.

"Thank you for your time Pierre. Good luck tomorrow." The interviewer spoke meaning the interview was now over.

"Merci." Pierre smiled in reply before walking away from the interview and was quickly joined by Jenny. "I was not expecting that."

"Neither was I, but you did really well in answering it. Well done." Jenny told the Frenchman as they walked away from the media circle.

"Thanks." Pierre said to her before he noticed the blonde girl standing a few feet away from him with a smile on her face. "I'll see you tomorrow, yeh?"

"Perfect, see you then." Jenny replied as she opened her notebook and walked away from the driver.

"Hello." Juliet spoke as the RedBull driver approached her.

"Hi." Pierre answered with a smile on his face. He wasn't sure why the singer was here but something in his mind told him it has something to do with the article.

"Can we talk?" The blonde wondered as she nodded her head further down the paddock signalling for them to walk.

"Sure." Pierre said and they began their walk through the busy paddock full of people from various teams and family members. "What's up?"

"I wanted to talk about the DailyMail article, I assume you seen it?" Juliet started as made their way through the crowd of people.

"Yeh I seen it. Well, actually Max seen it and showed it to me earlier." The Frenchman explained as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his shorts, a habit he had picked up when he was nervous although he didn't see a reason to be nervous in this situation.

"I'm sorry. They've been dying to get something on me since I left LA and I didn't mean for you to get dragged into it." Juliet apologised as she brushed her long blonde hair behind her shoulders and out of her face.

"It's okay. I know what the media is like. They love taking something and blowing it way out of proportion." Pierre replied. He knew it wasn't her fault and would never blame the French girl for something the media did.

"Thanks for being so understanding." Juliet offered the formula one driver a smile.

"No problem. Now, if the media wouldn't mind, I'm starving. Dinner?" Pierre wondered looking over the singer as they reached the Paddock entrance.

"Dinner." Juliet agreed with a slight nod of her head before the two swiped their grid passes letting them out past the barrier.

—————

After dinner the pair returned back for the hotel where they were both staying for the weekend. After spending some time outside in the cool Monaco area, they decided to head up to their rooms as Pierre had a race tomorrow.

Juliet bid Pierre goodbye, she headed inside her hotel room which she was sharing with her mother. She found the older woman reading a book while sitting on her bed.

"Hello." Juliet spoke as she placed her bag down on the table by the balcony door.

"Hello dear." Her mother replied without lifting her head from the book although she had a huge smile on her face.

"What's so funny?" Juliet wondered looking over at her mother before noticing something. "And why is your book upside down?"

"You like him." The older woman said as she closed her upside down book and looked up at her daughter.

"What? Who?" Juliet asked in confusion not understanding where her mother's previous statement had come from.

"Pierre, you like him." Nathaile told her daughter as she placed her book down on the nightstand and swung her legs over the edge of the bed.

"How did you possibly come to that conclusion?" The blonde questioned as she untied the green cardigan that had been hanging around her shoulders.

"I was out on the balcony when you two were sat outside the hotel." Her mother spoke as she nodded towards the door to the balcony which overlooked the front of the hotel where Juliet and Pierre had sat talking for twenty minutes before heading up to their rooms.

"And?"

"I heard you laugh Jules. You haven't laughed like that since Gabriel." Nathaile told her daughter causing Juliet to pause for a moment while she was folding her cardigan up.

"Two completely different situation, mama." Juliet replied as she placed her cardigan on top of her suitcase.

"I'm not saying Pierre is anything like Gabriel, he's far from it. I'm just saying you haven't seemed that happy or laughed they hard since then." She said as she walked towards her daughter and took her hands in her own. "Don't let what Gabriel did stop you from finding some who really deserved you Juliet. Pierre would never hurt you, you know that."

"I know." Juliet replied softly as her mother gently squeezed her hands.

"You deserve the world Juliet. You're strong, talented, beautiful and kind. Any man would be lucky to have you. Just remember, we sometime miss the opportunities that are right in front of us." Nathaile spoke as she gently brushed her thumb over her daughter's hand. "Goodnight Jules."

"Night mum." Juliet replied as her mother headed for bed and Juliet grabbed her pajamas and walked towards the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Her mind began to wonder if her mother was right. Was she falling for Pierre? And if she was how could she have been so oblivious to the fact?

She knew one thing for for certain. She refused to let what happened with Gabriel ruin her chance at happy whether that be with Pierre or someone else.