15

Silverstone was always one of those unpredictable race weekends. It was set in the middle of July which in most countries meant good weather but in England, the weather was prone to quick changes which is why it's one of the most interesting races on the calendar.

Saturday afternoon had the F1 qualifying session and the F2 first race of the weekend.

Juliet was sat in the stands alone watching the session as Anthoine had to be with his team to be ready for his race which started 45 minutes after the end of the qualifying session.

The session ended with Bottas on pole for tomorrow's race followed by Hamilton and Charles. Pierre had managed to finish P5 just behind Max by 0.3 of a second.

Parts of the stand started to clear out as people took the break between quali and the Formula 2 race as an opportunity to use the bathroom and get food and drinks before more racing action.

Juliet stayed in her seat for a few minutes before deciding to head to Red Bull to find Pierre and see what his plans were for the rest of the afternoon which he had off now once he finished media duties after qualifying.

The paddock was busy with teams moving  around after qualifying in order to have everything ready for tomorrow morning while the drivers and their PR officers were in the media pen being interview by various people.

"Hey." Juliet felt a hand rest on her shoulder causing her to jump slightly as she turned around to find out who it was, her eyes came to Giada, Charles's girlfriend.

"Hi. How are you?" Juliet asked with a smile on her face.

"Good thanks. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later?" Giada questioned as she brushed her hair behind her ears.

"Sure. Text later and we'll do something." Juliet replied. Over Giada's shoulder she could see Pierre finish up his interviews and begin walking towards the RedBull motorhome. "I gotta go, but text me."

Without waiting for a reply, Juliet walked in the same direction as Pierre trying to catch up with him. Unfortunately she wasn't quick enough and he let the door to the motorhome close behind him before heading towards his driver's room alone.

Juliet followed after him towards his driver's room and just missed the door before it closed. She raised her fist and knocked on the door before crossing her arms over her chest waiting for an answer.

"I can't believe you shut the door in my face." Juliet spoke as Pierre opened door. She took a second to take in his appearance. His hair was messy from being in the balaclava and helmet, his eyes looked tired and his race suit hung low around his hips.

"Oh my god I didn't even see you. I'm so sorry." Pierre apologised before pulling her into the room and into his arms, using his foot to shut the door behind them.

In one quick movement, the RedBull driver fell down onto the bed in his driver's room and pulled the Hubert girl on top of him causing them both to laugh as the laid there peacefully.

Juliet's head laid on Pierre's chest and she could feel the soft beat of his heart echoing in her ear, a sound that seemed to comfort her.

"Giada asked me to hang out later." Juliet spoke up after a while of silence, making conversation between the pair. The blonde could feel the F1 driver shift uncomfortable underneath her.

She sat up and turned to look at him as Pierre copied her actions and sat up facing her.

"What? What is it? You know something, tell me." Juliet looked excitedly at the Frenchman knowing he knew soon she didn't. Pierre sat in silence looking down into his lap. "Come on Pierre."

"Things have been kind of rough between Charles and Giada." Pierre spoke softly, afraid of who else might hear even though they were the only two in the room.

"What do you mean?" Juliet wondered as she crossed her legs. The Frenchman sat in silence for a couple of seconds which prompted Juliet to reach over and shake his leg. "Tell me."

"I think Charles might be thinking of breaking up with her soon." Pierre admitted.

"No, no, no, no. You can't tell me that when she wants to hang out later. I can't keep that information in my head when I'm with her." Juliet spoke as she stood from and walked across the room.

"Do not say anything please Jules. Charles would kill me. Nothing is for certain but he's just been saying he doesn't feel the same way as he did when they first got together." Pierre explained as she turned to face the Hubert girl with his legs now hanging over the edge of the bed.

"I get that but I can't keep hanging out with her and know that her boyfriend is thinking about breaking up with her." Juliet explained as she walked towards the RedBull driver and stood in between his legs.

"I know. But I'm sure if he is going to do it he'll do it soon enough. So just today keep quiet and don't act weird around her or she'll know somethings up." Pierre replied as he wrapped his arms around her waist and she draped hers across his shoulders.

"I know. I just feel bad. You and I know, obviously Charles knows and whoever else he had told about it." The French born girl explained as she pulled him into a hug.

"I know, I didn't mean to put you in that position it just slipped out when you mentioned hanging out with Giada." Pierre said with his face pressed against her chest and neck feeling her hair against his face.

"I do feel bad though. I always liked Giada and she and Charles are such a cute couple." Juliet spoke as she pulled away from the hug.

"It's okay. You and I can be the cute couple of the paddock then." Pierre told her with a smile on his face.

"Can we now?" Juliet asked with a questioning look on her face while she smiling too.

"Well only if you want to." He replied as he rubbed his hand up and down her back. "But before I ask you officially, I wanna tell Anthoine."

"Why?" Juliet wondered why he wanted to tell her brother.

"Because he's been one of my best friends since I was 7 and I don't want him finding out from anyone else." He explained which caused her to nod her head in understanding. She understood. Even though she had known Pierre for years, he had known Anthoine first and they were best friends so it was only natural.

"And then I'll ask you properly. Taking you by surprise." Pierre assured her causing her to laugh slightly before she leant down and gave him a kiss on the lips.

"We'll see." Juliet smiled in reply as she leant her forehead against his.

—————

Sorry for the big gap in updates. Im trying to get ahead of myself and write chapters so I just have to post them but so far it hasn't gone to plan. But I'll try and get back on track hopefully soon.

-ky❤️