8

~Rosemary's pov~

I sent Niall a text, sending him good luck for his concert today. I was still a bit shaken up about yesterday, so I mostly stayed in the bedroom, Luke, Ashton, or Mum bringing me food and tea, etc. I put on a brave face for them, telling them I was tired today, and that I wanted to just stay home.

I thanked Ashton and Luke for coming constantly, as I was really happy they came. "Thanks again, Lukey.... For everything." I said, as he came into the room. He nodded with a smile on his face. I smiled back, and patted the bed next to me, motioning for him to sit. He did, and I leaned on him slightly. "So are you feeling any better?" He asked, and I thought about lying, but didn't. He's one of my best friends, he would be able to tell if I was lying or not. Since I had met them all that time ago, we had grown closer, mentally... Since he lives pretty far away.

Not trusting my voice, I shook my head. Luke put his arm around me, in a comforting way. I smiled, hugging him back. "They're just jealous, you know," Luke started, but I stopped him before he could continue. "I know. It just hurts, that's all." Luke nodded in understanding, and lapsed into silence. "Change the subject?" I suggested, and Luke grinned. "How's my niece?" I giggled. I consider Luke like a brother, so Scarlett is like his soon-to-be niece. He's been ecstatic these past few days. "Perfect. I think she's excited to meet all these wonderful people she has in her life. Like her uncle Luke." His smile grew, and he hugged me tighter.

"I'll be here for you, the whole time, alright?" He looked up, and I nodded gratefully. If Niall couldn't be here, then the next person I wanted besides my Mum, is Luke. Him, Ashton, Louis, and Liam are the closest people I've ever had to brothers, and I love them for it(A/N: I know I didn't say everyone, that's cuz she isn't as close with them, ok? Ok. Back to the story.). "Thank you, Luke. That means more to me than you know." I told him, glowing. "Anything for you, Essey." I rolled my eyes at his nickname for me. He thinks he's clever for coming up with it. Just because I have an S in my name, does not mean you can nickname me Essey, which I think is annoying as hell. Luke laughed, which made me laugh, and soon we were both laughing so hard our chests hurt, laughing at nothing.

"What was so funny?" Luke said, still trying to calm himself down. "I have no idea." I panted, breathless. "I did cheer you up, though. So my mission is completed. Luke out." He rolled around on the ground, and then out the door,trying to be a ninja and leaving me laughing in my room. I wiped the tears from the laughter off my cheeks, and lay back down on the bed, to take a nap. I've been doing a lot of that too recently, but who could judge me? Being pregnant is hard, and exhausting.

-two hours later-

I woke up sweating, panting, and in too much pain. I knew exactly what was going on. I was going into labor. "Fuck." I cursed, remembering to take deep breaths, but my breath hitching every time I tried. I needed to call for someone, but my voice was gone. It took about a minute of heavy breathing and cursing before I finally got my voice back. "Mum!! Luke!!! Ashton!! SOMEBODY!!!" I shouted, and Luke ran in. With realization, he started packing a bag for the hospital, then called for Ashton. "Luke," I croaked, as another wave of contractions swept through me. I groaned, and Mum was encouraging me, as Ashton took the packed bag and grabbed the keys. Luke picked me up, and hurried down the stairs.

"Ash, call Niall." I heard Luke tell him, and I whimpered against Luke's chest. "You're doing great so far, babe. Just breathe, you'll be fine. Just think, soon you'll be able to hold your beautiful Scarlett. Breathe." I listened, breathing deeply. Luke put me in the backseat, before climbing in beside me. Mum got in the passengers seat, and Ash drove. The contractions got worse, more painful and more rapidly, as time progressed. "I wish Niall were here...." I cried. "I know. He wishes he were here too. He says he's on his way, and he told you to stay strong and that he loved you." That's not good enough.