9 ¾

On the day I'd go to Hogwarts, I couldn't sleep that night. I was too excited and too nervous. I put on my best clothes.

Me and Remus walked towards the train station in London

Me and Remus walked towards the train station in London. I finally asked Remus, "Who's Sirius Black?"

"Where did you hear that name?" Remus asked.

"I heard it from the witch at that bookseller during our trip to Diagon Alley. She said he was a...deranged killer who works for Volde- I mean, you-know-who", I explained. I wasn't afraid of Voldemort's name. A lot of people were afraid to say it, hear it and even spell it, but not me.

"Well, I believe a 12 year old much like yourself isn't ready to hear of Sirius Black", Remus said.

"Well, can you tell me why we have the same last name?" I asked. Remus went silent. We heard the sound of trains.

"Come on, Iris", Remus said. We ran towards the train. We stopped next to a wall between 9 and 10.

Remus looked at me. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"I'm kind of nervous", I said.

"If you're nervous, we best do it in a rush then", Remus said. We both grabbed onto the railing of the cart which held my stuff.

We ran towards the wall, but we didn't crash. We were now standing next to the 9 ¾ train.

Me and Remus got onto the train. We sat in one of the compartments. After we got situated in the train, I walked out of the compartment to get me and Remus some snacks.

As I walked towards the snacks, I saw a boy standing by the cart. He looked at me. I quickly looked at the snacks. I looked at the woman.

"Two chocolate frogs and one honeydukes chocolate, please", I said. As the woman grabbed the snacks, I looked at the boy, but I quickly looked at the snacks.

"Hello", The boy said. He sounded nervous. Maybe he wasn't good at making friends. Like me.

"Hi", I said, now looking at the boy.

The woman gave me the three snacks. I thanked her for the snacks and she walked away with the snack cart.

I looked at the boy. "Are you a first year?" The boy asked. He sounded older than me. Maybe a year or two older.

"I am. I am a bit late for Hogwarts though. This should have been my 2nd year. How long have you been going to Hogwarts?" I asked.

"3 years", he said. "Maybe I could show you around".

"I'd like that", I said.

"I'm Neville Longbottom", the boy said.

"Irina, but you can call me Iris", I said. I walked back towards the compartment.

When I got back to me and Lupin's compartment, three kids were sitting with him. Two boys and one girl. Remus was already asleep.

"How is he already asleep?" I asked.

"You know him?" One of the boys asked. He wore glasses and he had a lightning scar. I knew that it was Harry Potter.

"He's my godfather", I said.

"Were you already sitting here?" Harry asked.

"I was", I said. I thought of introducing myself, but I told myself they wouldn't care. I was proved wrong when the other boy, who had red hair and freckles asked me who I was.

"I'm Iris", I said. "Well my real name is Irina, but I go by Iris".

"Iris. If you want, we could make room for you", Harry said.

I decided to take his offer and I was seated between the freckled boy named Ron and the brown curly haired girl named Hermione.

Like everyone else, they spoke about Sirius Black. Apparently, Sirius Black was after Harry. I didn't speak, but I ate my chocolate and listened.

"But they'll catch Black, won't they? I mean, everyone's looking for him", Hermione said.

"Sure. Except no one's ever broken out of Azkaban before", Ron said.

"Well, Sirius Black managed to do it", I finally spoke after a long time. They looked at me as if they forgot I was here.

"Yeah...but he's a murderous raving lunatic", Ron said.

"Thanks Ron", Harry said sarcastically.

The train stopped suddenly. I looked over at Remus, who was still asleep.

"Why are we stopping? We can't be there yet", Hermione says.

Harry opened the door of the compartment and looked down the hall. The train bumped, pushing him back into his seat. The door closed.

I gulped. "What was that?" I asked nervous.

"I don't know. Maybe we've broken down", Harry said. The lights in the train turned off.

"Ouch, Ron. That was my foot", Hermione said.

The lights turned back on. "There's something moving out there", Ron said. The lights turned off again.

I looked at Remus. How is he still asleep?!

"I think...someone's coming aboard", Ron said.

I heard a door open. There was the sound of someone falling. "Sorry! Do you know what's going on?"

"Hello Neville", Harry said.

"Neville?" I repeated.

"Iris. Hello again", Neville said. "Harry, what's happening?"

"No idea", Harry said. "Come sit down".

There was a loud hiss. Poor cat. There was a yelp in pain. Poor Neville.

"Not there!"

"Ow!"

"Sorry!"

"Ow! That's me!" I shouted. I stood up, but I bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" I apologized.

"Who's that?" A voice asked. It was a girl.

"Ginny?" Hermione asked.

"Hermione?"

"What are you doing?"

"I was looking for Ron".

"Come on and sit down".

"Not here! I'm here!"

"Ouch!" Neville shouted.

"Sorry!"

"Ow! Not right here!"

"Scoot over!"

"Ow!" Me and Hermione shouted.

The train moves a little. The doors slightly open. Frost grows on the window and the air starts getting cold.

The train budged. "Bloody hell! What's happening?" Ron asked.

"It's cold", I said.

"Is he dead?" Harry asked, referring to Remus.

"No. He's breathing", I said.

"He's a heavy sleeper", Neville said.

"Yeah", I said in agreement.

We all looked towards the door to see something outside our compartment. It slowly opened the door.

It was a dementor.

The dementor looked at us. It looked longingly at me before it turned to Harry. It started to do something to him.

Remus stands up suddenly and did a spell which scared off the dementor.