3 months away from Home

On the train, I sat with Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Ron. I looked at Harry and smiled. Harry looked at me. He noticed me smiling at him.

"What?" Harry asked.

"I'm going to start calling you my Godbrother if that's alright with you", I said with a smile.

"I don't mind", Harry said.

"Good. I don't have any siblings so you're the closest I got", I admitted. I saw someone walk past our compartment. I recognized him.

I walked out of the compartment to follow Neville. I saw him standing next to the snack cart.

"Hey", I said.

Neville looked at me. "Hi", he said.

I stood beside him to look at the cart. "4 chocolate frogs and one of Bertie Bott's every flavoured beans", I said.

"I've never met anyone brave enough to try those, Bertie's every flavour beans", Neville said.

"You should try them", I said.

"No, I'm not brave enough", Neville said.

"I don't believe that. I assume you're pretty brave, Neville Longbottom", I said. I was given the snacks before I walked away. As I looked away, I looked back at Neville before I looked forward.

--

The train arrived at the station. I said goodbye to Harry, Ron and Hermione. When I got off the train with my things, I searched for Remus.

I saw him standing far away from the train. I walked towards him. I put my stuff down and wrapped my arms around him.

As I hugged Remus, I saw a black dog walk passed us. Me and Remus looked at it.

"Padfoot?" I asked.

I looked at Remus. "Go on", Remus said. I ran after Padfoot.

I followed him to a room. He transformed into a human. We both sat down on a bench.

"How are you doing?" I asked.

"Well, I've been better", Sirius said. "When I found out you got into Hogwarts, I was so pleased. I'm so proud of you, Irina".

"Where are you going to go?" I asked.

"I'm not sure", Sirius said.

"The Wizarding World still believes you killed Pettigrew", I said.

"You and Harry know the truth. That's all that matters right now", Sirius said.

It was so unfair. An innocent man has to be on the run while the real criminal is out there somewhere.

"Pettigrew should be in Azkaban", I said.

"I know", Sirius said. "Speaking of which, how's that bite?"

"Hermione and Madame Pomfry took good care of it. It's almost completely healed. It was quite nasty", I said.

"I saw what you did to Pettigrew. I was impressed", Sirius said.

"You saw that?" I asked.

"Yes. It was amazing", Sirius said. I smiled at him. "What made you believe me?"

"It's hard to explain, but I saw that you were desperate for me to believe you and I realized if you really wanted to kill Harry or I, you would have already done it", I explained. "I also just want you to be in my life".

I wished we could have had more time. Thanks to Pettigrew, I thought my father had abandoned me and I thought he was a psychopathic killer.

"Maybe I could help you clear your name. I can find Pettigrew, we can show him to the Ministry and then, your name will be cleared", I said.

"I don't want you looking for Pettigrew. Remus and I will handle him. Then, perhaps someday, we'll be together", Sirius said. This sounded like a goodbye. I don't like goodbyes.

I hugged Sirius. I looked up at him. "If you don't have a place to stay, maybe you could stay with me and Remus", I said. "It's very hidden. No one will find you".

Sirius smiled at me. "I will think about that", he said. "And I'm sorry I wasn't apart of your life. I'm sure it wasn't easy being known as the daughter of a murderer. And I understand if you'd rather have someone else as a father".

"Don't say that. Whatever happened with you and Pettigrew, it wasn't your fault. I know the truth now and I understand why you couldn't be there. You should've had control of whether or not you were there. And I would rather have you as my father", I said.

He kissed my head. We heard someone walk towards us.

Sirius quickly turned into a dog. Remus came into the room. "We better get going, Irina", Remus said. I got up from the bench. I looked back at Padfoot. He didn't move so I guess he's not coming with us.

"See you later, Dad", I said. I walked out of the room.

I was back in my room in the creaking house, later that night.

I laid in bed, thinking about my father. I heard scratching at my bedroom door. I walked towards the door to see the Black dog turn into a human.

I wrapped my arms around Sirius, not wanting to let go.