Dumbledore's speech

"Harry. Harry, are you alright?" Hermione asked. Harry woke up. Hermione gave him his glasses.

"Thank you", Harry said as he grabbed the glasses.

"Here. Eat this. It'll help", Remus said as he handed Harry a piece of chocolate. He would tell me the same thing when I was sick or hurt. "It's alright, it's chocolate".

"What was that thing that came?" Harry asked.

"It was a dementor. One of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now. It was searching the train for Sirius Black", Remus said. "If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver".

Remus stands up and walked out of the cart. He looked back at us. "Eat. You'll feel better", he told Harry.

He walked away. The door closed. Me, Hermione, Ginny and Neville sat with Harry and Ron.

I looked at Ginny. "Hi. I'm Ginny", she said.

"Irina", I said.

"What happened to me?" Harry asked.

"You fainted", I stated the obvious. "We thought you were having a fit or something".

"Did either of you, you know, past out?" Harry asked.

"No. I felt weird though", Ron said. "Like I would never be cheerful again".

"But someone was screaming. A woman", Harry said. I looked at him in confusion. I didn't hear anyone scream. Was I going deaf or was Harry going delusional?

"No one was screaming, Harry", Hermione said.

--

We had finally arrived at Hogwarts. I was sorted into Gryffindor. (I was thinking of putting her in Hufflepuff, at first) I sat next to the students in Gryffindor.

I sat next to Hermione and Neville. After we heard the choir sing, Dumbledore had an announcement.

"Welcome, welcome! To another year at Hogwarts", Dumbledore said. "Now, I'd like to say a few words before we all become to befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor".

Everyone clapped including me. I was happy for him. I looked over at Harry and Ron when a boy from Slytherin asked Harry if he had fainted. A boy sitting next to him, pretended to faint. I glared at them both.

"Shut up", I told the Slytherin boy.

"Or else what?" The Slytherin asked. I glared at him.

"You'll learn not to let him get to you", Hermione told me.

I nodded. I looked back at Dumbledore. "-has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own, Rubeaus Hagrid".

Everyone cheered. When Hagrid stood up, he almost knocked down the table.

"Finally, on a more descriptive note, as a request at the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban. Until such a time, Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now, whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities, a word of caution, Dementors are viscous creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one that stands in their way. Therefore, I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you".

The first year is not what I expected. I definitely didn't want dementors at Hogwarts during my year. Maybe it won't be as perfect as I thought.

When we got to the Gryffindor common room, there was a portrait of a fat lady. She tried to break a glass champagne cup with her singing voice. The only problem was that her singing voice was more like a shriek.

She finally let us inside and I went to my dorm. I shared a dorm with Ginny and Hermione.

I walked out of my dorm and sat in front of the fireplace. I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Neville.

"Hi", Neville said.

"Hey", I said.

"Welcome to Gryffindor", Neville said. Even though he told me the same thing after I was sorted into Gryffindor.

"Thanks", I said.

"If you'd like, you can come with us. Me, Harry, Ron and Seamus are hanging out in Harry's room. Do you want to join us?" Neville asked.

I thought about taking his offer, but I wasn't sure how his friends would feel about hanging out with a girl they barely know let alone a first year. And someone who's possibly related to a deranged killer.

"I wouldn't want to ruin your boys' night. I'll be fine here", I said.

"Alright. Well, good night, then", Neville said.

"Good night", I said, smiling at him. He walked up the stairs.

Later that night, I got into my night gown and got into bed.

I looked at my ceiling. I thought about Sirius Black, which I guess, everyone talked about him.

There's a reason why Sirius Black and I have the same last name. I had to find out why. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.