The Yule ball

On the night of the Yule ball, Me, Ginny and Hermione had already seen each other's outfits. We helped each other get dressed.

Ginny left to go to the Yule ball. Then, Hermione left. I took a deep breath. Everyone was already heading down stairs.

I grabbed my toy mouse that had, "Curlclaw" carved on the side. I set it under my pillow.

No tears tonight.

I walked towards the ball room, where the dance was being held. When I got there, the room was filled with students.

I took a deep breath and nervously walked down the stairs. A lot of the students looked at me as I walked down the stairs. I wore a sparkly blue dress and my hair was curly this evening.

 I wore a sparkly blue dress and my hair was curly this evening

I walked towards Jack, who stood at the bottom of the stairs

I walked towards Jack, who stood at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled at me. I pulled off a small smile.

I grabbed Jack's hand. We walked towards the crowd of people. A lot of students were shocked to see a Gryffindor dancing with a Slytherin. Snape, on the other hand, seemed like he didn't approve.

Everyone clapped for the champions and their dates. The champions waltzed with their dates. Then, Dumbledore walked onto the dance floor, holding Professor Mcgonagall's hand.

Igor joined with a woman. Me and Jack walked onto the dance floor at the same time Neville and Ginny walked onto the dance floor.

As I was dancing, I looked at Hagrid. He scooted closer to Headmistress Maxime. She looks at him. He nodded towards the dance floor.

Rock music was turned on. It was played by a Wizard band. Me and Jack went outside. I took a Black dress scarf and wore it around my arms.

There was snow on the ground. "A White Christmas. Can you believe it?" I asked.

"Yeah. It's crazy", Jack said.

I stopped walking. "I want to do something", I said. I lifted the skirt of my dress. I took off my dress shoes.

"Put your shoes back on. You'll catch a cold", Jack said.

"I don't care", I sighed. I took a few steps, barefoot in the snow. "Those shoes were uncomfortable. I will never let Angelina pick out my shoes again.

"Irina Black, you are extraordinary", Jack said.

I turned around to look at him. I smiled at him. I walked closer to Jack. "I saw Snape out here somewhere. If he sees us, he'll probably take points from both our houses", Jack says.

I smiled. "I don't care about that either", I said. Our faces got closer to each other's. I could hear Jack breathing.

The tip of our noses touched. If we had gotten closer, we would have kissed.

"Jack, why me? I'm a Gryffindor", I said.

"I don't care", Jack said.

Jack got closer. When I felt his lips on mine, my heart skipped a beat and then, started racing. It was doing a double take.

Suddenly, I couldn't feel the cold anymore. Just warmth.

"A Slytherin who has a heart. I like the change in history", I said. This time, I went in for the kiss.

My heart was calmer about this second kiss, but somebody else wasn't.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I turned around to see Professor Snape. I was in deep trouble. "Miss Black, 50 points from Gryffindor", Snape said. "And for you...". He looked at Jack. "I'll be expecting to see you in detention tomorrow afternoon".

I looked at Jack. I looked back at Professor Snape. He grabbed me by the wrist.

"To my office now", Professor Snape demanded.

Professor Snape dragged me to his office, downstairs in the dungeon. When we got there, he slammed the door.

"What do you think you are doing?" He sneered.

"We were just outside, Professor. I didn't know this would happen", I said.

"You had to business together in the first place, Miss Black. You're lucky I won't expel him", Snape said. "He is a Slytherin. You are a nasty Gryffindor".

"Neither of us care", I said. "We are in different houses, Professor, but we just became friends and then tonight happened".

"Spare me the love speech, Miss Black", Snape said.

"You wouldn't know the feeling. Loving someone from Gryffindor while you're stuck in Slytherin", I said.

I seemed to have struck a nerve. Snape suddenly had an expression that almost seemed sad. Maybe I was wrong about Snape. Maybe he did know what it was like.

"I apologize, Professor", I said.

"Don't let history repeat itself, Miss Black. Your Longbottom friend seems to really like you", Snape said. What does he mean by "Don't let history repeat itself"?

"Sir, I-"

"Get. Out", Snape said sternly.

I walked out of the office. I realized I was still barefoot. I went outside to grab my shoes. I went to the Gryffindor common room. Ginny was still awake.

"How was it with Jack?" Ginny asked. I told her about my night. I didn't tell her about getting caught by Snape or almost discovering something from Snape's past.

Perhaps there was more to Professor Snape than I thought.