It's ghastly

Alright guys, here's the plan. I'm going to publish 4 chapters today, publish 4 chapters tomorrow. Then, I'll post the first chapter of the second book tomorrow.

I sat at the table in the Great Hall with Ginny. I looked over at Ron. He pulled a dress out of a box. I almost snorted my food out of my nose.

"Is there a bonnet?" Harry asked. "Ah-ha!" Harry pulled a bonnet out of the box.

"Put those down, Harry", Ron said. He walked towards me and Ginny. "Ginny, these must be for you".

Ginny looked at it in disgust. "I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly", she said. I heard Hermione laughing. Ron looked at her.

"What are you on about?" Ron asked.

"They're not for Ginny. They're for you", Hermione said. Everyone at Gryffindors laughed. Me and Ginny looked at each other as we laughed. "Dress robes".

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asked.

--

Later that day, I learned about the Yule ball. A dance that was held on Christmas Eve on the year of a Triwizard Tournament. One of the twins asked out Angelina. I don't remember which one. I'm still trying to figure out how to tell the difference between Fred and George.

Ron tried to ask Fleur out. Well, Ginny said he screamed it at her and it was a bit frightening.

As I was walking to Defense Against the Dark Arts with Ginny, Jack ran towards us. "Hey. Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Jack, I will say this for the third time, Gillyweed won't work in the outer ends of space", I said.

"Will you go to the Yule ball with me?" Jack blurted. Me and Ginny looked at him in shock. I'm happy he didn't scream it at me like Ron did with Fleur.

"I-I thought you asked me to the Yule Ball", I said even though I knew he had asked me.

"I...I did", Jack said. "What do you say, Iris Black? Will you go to the Yule ball with me?"

I looked at Ginny. "He said it less frightening than Ron", She said.

I looked at Jack. "Yes", I said. I gave him a smile. Jack smiled back. When he walked away, I was calm, but when he was out of earshot, me and Ginny squealed with excitement.

I was going to my first dance.