The Three Unforgivable Curses

The next day, I walked to class with Ginny and Neville. On the way to class, I saw Jack. The Slytherin I befriended last year. He wasn't like other Slytherins. He was nice. Jack winked at me. I looked away as I tried not to smile.

"Isn't he from Slytherin?" Neville asked.

"He's not like the other Slytherins", I said.

"Perhaps that's what he wants you to think", Ginny said.

"He thinks you'll turn on us. He wants you to turn into Bellatrix", Neville said.

"That's the second time I've heard of Bellatrix Lestrange. All I know is she's a Death Eater", I said.

"Today, we learned about the three unforgivable curses. I know one of them well. Bellatrix used it to torture my parents", Neville said.

"I'm sorry, Neville", I said. I grabbed his hand.

"So you like him? The Slytherin?" Neville asked.

"I didn't say that, Neville", I said.

"I better get to class", Neville said. He let go of my hand and walked to his first class. What was his problem?

Now, it was just me and Ginny.

"So...you and Neville?" Ginny asked.

"What about us?" I asked.

"Are you serious?" Ginny asked.

"No, my father is Sirius. Now, what are you going on about?" I asked.

"You and Neville?" Ginny asked.

"Yeah. I'm not following", I said. I stopped walking when I realized what Ginny was saying. "You...You think me and Neville..." Ginny nodded. "That's rubbish, Ginny Weasley".

"He hates Jack", Ginny said.

"So do you. So what? You like me too?" I asked.

"No, but you wouldn't believe me if I told the things he said about your Slytherin boyfriend", Ginny said.

"Jack is not my boyfriend", I said. "What does he say about him exactly?"

"I'll tell you later. Get to class. By the way Neville described it, Professor Moody is teaching an intense lesson", Ginny said. I nodded.

Later that day, I had Defense against the Dark Arts with Mad-Eye Moody. He taught us about the Three Unforgivable Curses.

There was the Imperius Curse which was a mind controlling curse. Then, there was the Crucio Curse, which would caught someone excruciating pain. I knew the last one because someone said it in a dream that I had last year.

Before I met Sirius, I had a dream that Pettigrew held me captive. He told Remus and Sirius that they dark lord valued me and then, someone used the killing curse on them.

"Black", Mad-eye said. I almost jumped from my seat. "Care to tell us the last unforgivable curse?" He laid a bug on my desk.

"Th-The...Killing Curse", I studdard.

"Yes", Mad-eye said. He fired the killing curse at the bug. I shuddered. Not with fear, but sadness.

The lesson was a little intense. Seamus told me Mad-Eye had eyes on the back of his head. Did I believe that?

Yes. Yes, I did.