Chapter 1

"One..."

Vibrant pop music slowly started to play through the speakers.

"Two..."

Different shades of blue and purple lights shined down on an empty stage.

"Three!"

A single girl ran on stage, wearing an over-sized sleeveless Eskimo hoodie as a dress, pink and purple striped leggings and sleeves, leather gloves, and a pair of combat boots. With a press of a button, a microphone popped out of her ear piece. "Let's get this started!!" She shouted happily as she waves to the crowd.

The crowd roared loudly with clapping and yelling.

She instantly extended her right arm towards the crowd, her index finger pointed up to resemble the number one.

"My number one: there could never be no one like you~"

Her voice was smooth and delicate. She then gripped her hair, looking distressed "How come I feel this way about--" she extended her arm out again, this time with two fingers up "My number two: Never tried to tell me what to say or do~

I'm so in love with two~!"

She shook her head, as if troubled

"I don't want to push it~
I don't want to fight~
But this feeling keeps me up all night...~"

She then walked across the stage, making hand gestures towards the crowd and turning towards them.

"If I only could decide...
But I can't make up my mind~
I'm breakin' all my rules because of you~
You can tell me it's not right~
And it tears me up inside....
But the problem is I'm so in love with two...~"

...

After a few more songs, the young girl quickly ran of the stage and ran to the other side of the building where a bar was held. A few men were scattered across the stools. But at the very end, a man draped in red stood. He wore a red leather like jacket that split in the middle and ended at the end of his knees, a red like jumpsuit with many claps, metal legs that appeared to be gun barrels, and--to tip it all of a--red Stetson like hat. His appearance and glare were so intimidating that many of the customers sat away from him. But the young, eighteen year old girl ran right towards him with a bright smile.

Seeing this, the man smirked slightly as the girl came and hopped in the seat right beside him, smiling brightly.

"So what do you think, Kidd?" The girl beamed up at him, her voice was slightly hoarse due to the singing.

"Don't talk. Yer voice is goin out on ya." he said, ignoring the question for multiple reasons: her voice was beginning to grow hoarse and also he knew it would anger her, and he could not resist the urge to pick a fight with the young woman.

And just like that, she fell for it and pouted "Fine..."

Kidd placed an arm around her and brought her in close. This made the girl blink but smile softly, rubbing her face against his side happily.

"I'll get your drink right away sir."

With the familiar voice close by, the young girl pushed him away, leaving the red man look at her bewildered.

The man who owned the voice walked over with a smile "Hey Haruko, great show!"

Haruko looked up with a smile, her sweat dropping "Hey Mordred!"

Kidd blinked and then when realizing the situation he huffed and folded his arms, taking a sip of his own beer.

"Here." Mordred placed an alcoholic beverage on the bar stand in front of her "Looked like you need one after that show."