Chapter 9

The black dragon knocked over building as if they were made of twigs. Its now grey eyes lingering where once was yellow. The radiation symbol on it glowed a blue. This beast was no longer Bitemon.

Mordred stood there, enveloped in a black and green glow. He was breathing heavily with absolute rage searing through him.

Haruko watched in horror as he beloved friend was now consumed in hatred.

"Move it!!"

Haruko flinched and looked up, seeing rubble about to fall right on top of her. She was the quickly wrapped in Kidd's arms and forced out of the way. The bandit landed on his feet and slowly let her go "Are you okay?" Instantly his knee buckled and he had to catch himself by leaning on his other knee.

"Kidd!!" She turned around, trying to help him up. Slowly her vision began to blur as she looked down, ashamed, as the years that welded up fell "This is all my fault.."

He shook his head and ruffled her hair "No it ain't... This is exactly what happens when I let go of Somethin' that's mine.." he rested his forehead weakly against hers "So let's not do something stupid like that again..."

She gulped down the lump that began to grow on her throat and whipped her tears away. She the turned around and saw Fangmon trying to attack the giant dragon.

Kidd forced himself up and began to walk to the dragon. He stopped when He felt a sharp tug on his arm

"You can't! You're to hurt!"

"Yeah maybe..." he huffed "But he ain't..."

"'He'?" Sh then flinched back as she realized his words...he meant Vengeance "No you can't!!"

"I gotta.." He looked at her sternly, making her jump slightly. He huffed once more and ruffled her hair, kneeling down to her level "I'll be alright... Promise..."

Haruko's heart ached as she chewed on her lip. She nodded slowly "You better keep that promise..."

He grinned childishly as he stood up "Don't I always?" With that he ran towards the Digimon, slowly gaining speed.

Slowly a glow filled with ones and zeros consumed him until nothing was seen. After the glow consumed him it dispersed off of him, revealing the black wearing, yellow eyed bandit--Vengeance. He smirked widely with a dark chuckle escaping him. All the previous wounds were now healed.

The bandit dubbed Vengeance extended its clawed hands as he charged at the Digimon.

Meanwhile, the wolf gnawed on the dragons arm, only to be batted away.

"Fangmon!"

Just when the black dragon was about to strike Fangmon, Vengeance jumped and attacked him--clawing his jaw.

The dragon roared in pain as it stumbled back. It then growled angrily and attacked back at him only to have Vengeance to jump on his hand, dragging his claw against his arm as he ran up it--tearing the scales off of him.

Haruko watched but finally had to tear her eyes away.

"Haruko!"

Haruko looked up to see Vanessa looking at her.

"We need to snap Mordred out of this! That's where Bitemon's getting his power from!"

Haruko looked at her but nodded "Okay...but how?"

"You're his best friend aren't you?!"

Haruko looked down and shook her head "Not after this... I-I can't...I can't talk to him!"