Chapter 6

...Three days later...

"The rain falls on my windows...~
And a coldness runs through my soul~
And the rain falls, oh the rain falls~
I don't want to be alone...~"

Mordred watched with a smile from the counter.

"Yeah she's good huh?" Senji grinned.

He nodded his head to his fellow bartender "Incredible.."

"Hey you know where Cowboy's been?" He said, nodding towards Kidd's usual seat.

Mordred shook his head "Haven't seen him since Haruko moved in with me..."

Senji shook his head "Shame shame... But at least you're happy, right?"

Mordred grinned "Happiest I've been in a while." he then looked back up at Haruko

"I wish that he would listen to her side of the story...~
It isn't that bad~
It isn't that bad~
And she's wiser for it now~"

Haruko's face then began to contort, as if she's having trouble with something. Mordred flinched back, that demeanor did not play along with the song.

"I admit I chea--"

Haruko stopped right then. She began to cough hoarsely as the song continued to play.

She spoke hoarsely between the coughs "Cut the track!" She stumbled slightly as she ran backstage.

Mordred flinched back and looked towards Senji.

"Go." he said quickly.

Mordred ran around the counter and towards the backstage. There he saw Haruko on the steps to the stage, choking down some water.

She was panting heavily and she played with the water bottle nervously in her hands.

Mordred walked towards her and wrapped an arm around her as he sat on the steps next to her.

She jumped at fist and sighed seeing it was Mordred. "Sorry..."

"Hey it's alright..." he said while hugging her shoulders.

"That's never happened before..." she shook her head "In the ten months I've been here that had never happened..."

"Hey, everyone has a bad day." He smiled

She sighed sadly "..Can you get my ice cream from the freezer?"

He nodded "of course." he slowly stood up and walked away.

"Man, this sucks!"

Haruko blinked and looked over seeing two teenagers at a table. She slowly stood up and snuck closer to the two.

"I thought you said she was good!"

"She is! She's usually like this intense babe.." Haruko rolled her eyes at the comment "But now she kinda blows..."

Haruko eyes shifted to the ground. Was she really losing her touch? What made her singing and performance her own? She shook her head and walked back to the steps. She starred down at the water bottle.

In frustration, she took the top off the water bottle and poured it on her head. She shook her head, water spraying everywhere.

"Hey!"

Haruko looked over to see Mordred with a small pint of ice cream and spoon, small little water stains on his shirt.

"Sorry..." she said lowly

"It's fine." he smiled and handed her the ice cream. He sat next to her on the steps.

"Mordred...am I losing my touch...?"