Chapter Fifteen

I'm sorry if my recent chapters have been rushed and choppy, I've been working on animations which is very exhausting, plus school has been just ugh. Lol. Oh, and read my best friend's book, Kidnapped by AwwImshort! It's the best book ever made in history! Trust me, you won't regret reading it. So yeah, that's that. Now with the story! :D

I watch Xavier's fragile body collapse to the cold floor as the crimson substance stains through his gray shirt. This was the worst feeling I have ever experienced. Once the hard bullet shoved its way into him, all my innocence and purity vanished. All of it.
I realized tears already were streaming down my cheeks. This wasn't suppose to happen. Let this please be all a hallucination, or all in my head. I kept reminding myself, trying to fool my brain that this is all fake. That nothing bad happened after the interview, that Matthew and I were still friends, and that Xavier and I hated each other.
But no, it's real.
My ordinary life was taken, captured, seized.

Stolen.

The sound of a door creaking makes me cringe, I look up and spot Matthew who obviously notices Xavier once he enters the room. There's a long silence. "Every time I walk in the room, there's always a dead body. Sad." He said, walking up to me. The thought of him dead makes me cringe even more, also twitch.
"Who cares! Heal him or something!" I yell. He looks at me in confusion, and I know why. I didn't sound the same. I sounded terribly hoarse. My voice broke just as much as my innocence. But we're not focused on my voice, we're focused on saving Xavier.
Matthew laughs. "Aww, you love him, don't you?"
I stare at him for a while then look at Xavier. He was barely alive. He's breathing heavily, cupping his wound. I don't think he was paying attention to the conversation, plus I need a quick lie so Matthew would stop teasing me and help him.
"Yes." I answered. But after I said it, it didn't really feel like a lie.
"That's adora--"
"SAVE HIM!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I lost a lot of loved ones during this whole situation, Xavier is the only living person that's important to me.
"Fine, fine." He smirks widely. An uneasy feeling settles in my stomach, but I ignored it. I still have the gun, I can kill him after Xavier wakes up. If he even does.
"Help me take him to the room across the hall." He said.
"O-okay.."
I help him carry Xavier to the room, even though it made my leg burn like crazy.
I watch the blood drip onto the floor each step. Each drip equals an increase of guilt and worry inside me. The guilt was already eating me, I deserve it anyway.
Once we approach the room, my stomach dropped. The room smelt deeply of death. The walls were cloaked with dried blood, rust, and cobwebs, the sight of it could make a person go insane in an instant. And the floors, even more disgusting than the walls, dried and fresh blood smeared against the old tile surface. Some substances I didn't even recognize were dried up on the floor, I rather not try to guess. I don't even want to walk on this floor. In fact, I didn't want into be in this room. If this is where we going to put Xavier, it will seem like more of a punishment.
"Put him on that bed."
The bed wasn't even a bed, it was some metal counter-torture-like-thing. Who knows how many people has died on there. But once I see something else, the thought vanished from my mind.
There was another bed in the room, and Ally was there laying on it. So she might wake up as well? That's not good at all.
"I don't know...him and Ally in the same room...alone.." I mumbled.
"You could watch him." He suggests. Wow, really? He's so going to get killed by me.
"Okay." I answered after laying Xavier down against the bed.
"I'll be right back, but before you try anything." He grabs the gun from me in a flash, and puts it in his back pocket.
Plan canceled.
He takes out a pair of handcuffs, and cuffs me against the rusted sink. "And so you won't try to escape." He continues. "I've been your best friend since forever. I know how your mind works. You really didn't think I would've known that you would try to kill me after this? I know everything about you, Emma."
A shiver rolls down my spine. He knows everything about me, while I don't even know what his favorite color is.
"I'll be right back, sweetheart." He said before strolling out the doorway.
I barely heard him. Those blood-curdling words he said before stalked my mind. He knows everything about me. He knows everything about me.