Chapter Nineteen

"Tim...I-I know you don't want to end up like Matthew. You're much more than tha-"

"You don't know what's best for me!" He yells, tears building up in his eyes. "You don't know anything!"

"Timothy! Just please listen to m-"

"I'm done with you! I'm done with Matthew! I'm done with everyone!"

I stare at him, trying to stir up a way for him to put down the gun in my mind. It seemed impossible to think logically while a gun is directed at you, knowing that the person has killed before.

I instantly snapped out of my thoughts once I notice Tim's finger slowly squeezing the trigger. I have to act fast before he--

*Xavier's POV*

The sound of gunshot startles me. Worry stirs in my stomach as Emma is the first thing that comes to mind. That couldn't have been her, but that doesn't mean it isn't a possibility. I bury my face into the palms of my hands.

She locked me in a room, there's no way I can go out and see for myself. I could've stayed with her. But no, she has to be so hard-headed. So now, she could be dead. My hands slowly form a fist.

Out of anger, I uncontrollably punch the wall. As weak as the wall was, my fist easily created a hole into it. I slowly move my hand out of the wall, noticing how my hand was now covered in a blanket of white dust.

Great.

I shake it off as I lean back against the door helplessly. Why am I even so worried about Emma? I'm not related to her in anyway. I'm not even her friend. Plus everything I say not to do, she does. She gets on my nerves so much.

So why do I care about her so much?

I roll my eyes.

I glance at the door, feeling even more useless. Until an idea popped into my head. Everything in here is old and weak. Including the door. I quickly stood on my feet. Smirking, I back up, facing towards the door. I took a deep breath. I muttered the countdown under my breath.

3...2...1....

I run up to the door, and use all my strength against it. It stays closed as I fell to the floor with a thump. I watch dust flakes on the door flutter to the floor from the impact. The door itself didn't seem to take any damage. A sudden sting on my arm worries me. I glance down at it to find a couple of cuts the door gave me. There must've been something sharp on the door.

Feeling useless all over again, I sit next to the door. Waiting for someone to open it.

--

The sound of a door creak alarms me. I slowly look up to see a figure walking through the door.

Timothy.

He looked furious, but I didn't care. I wanted to get out of this room. Smiling, I stood up, ready to thank him until I notice light glistening on something he was holding. I stare at him in disbelief.

A gun? Timothy shot someone? He's the cause of the gunshot? That's hard to believe. Isn't Timothy sweet and kind?

There was a long silence. He stared at me, I stared back at him. He opens his mouth to speak, but I instantly cut him off.

"What did you shoot."

"I...uh..--"

"Where's Emma. She's always around you." I know I wasn't giving him time to answer, but I'm panicking at the moment.

More silence. Each quiet second that went by, I felt the anger in me fill me up more and more.

Out of nowhere, I uncontrollably push him against the wall. "Tell me!" I shout, my hands forming a fist again.